Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 12:17:57 AM EDT
how does the national match shoot compared to the super match? any difference between the two rifles at all?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:44:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I was stupid enough to buy a NM M1A for competition. Right out of the box with "The Load" for M1A's it shot 4 inch groupshootsI doubt if Springfield Armory can send out a rifle that is consistently anymore accurate than their standard M1A, be it NM or a supermatch, they just don't do all the tricks to make them accurate. If you want an accurate rifle buy someone's used competition rifle or buy the cheapest standard M1A you can find and send it to one of a half dozen guys for a match buildup.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
such as who? where's clint fowler's page?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Clint Fowler

Clint is damn good, but you pay for it. Hook Boutin is another, he's one of the guys from the 50's that figured out how to make the Garand and the '14 shoot better, he is damn good and inexpensive
You'll have to go to the Florida Highpower site to get his contact info.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you wanting it for competition or just to have an accurate one?

ETA; on the Florida site, there is always someone looking to unload their comp. M1A after they've switched to the black rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
looking for a precision sniper rifle to add to my growing collection of toys. somethig nice. I'm a little anxious to buy from SA. I thought about fulton but they're a wee bit expensive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
There is more to the NM then the standard rifle.  The sights are differant, the trigger,the stock., and the barrell are all differant.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want a accurate rifle then you need to get one built. WWW.batlerifles.com is the best place on the net  for m14 info. I just had one built. 3K but it will shoot sub moa. built by clayton smith at WTO. Saying that I got a standard from SA and it will shoot moa.

If I was to build one I would get the following

Mcmillian stock-steel bedding
nm sights/trigger.
Unified gas cylinder
nm barrel
GI parts for the rest.  
LBR reciever

Scope mount -smith enterprises or wait until december and get a LBR reciever with a intergral rail

Scott duffs book is where to start. Read alot at battlerifles

HTH
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:09:51 AM EDT
[#8]
National Match is heavy barrel, NM sights, Flash hider, trigger group. Just parts added to a standard rifle.

Supermatch is a double lugged, bedded receiver with all the above plus tighter tolerences on the bolt and match headspacing; they are done at the SA custom shop.

My M21 Supermatch consistently shot sub-MOA with 168GMM ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top