Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 9:16:17 PM EDT
Whats the best stuff? Have a horrible one thats going into my ear and behind my head. Hurts like hell. Broken bones and so on but this is just horrible.

Jesus.

Please [retty please this shit hurts like hell
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
BTDT. If you can find it (I haven't seen it around in a long time) Orudis KT is the stuff you want.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what medicines are specifically available, but heres a couple 'home remedies' in a pinch.

Place an asprin on the area/tooth/cavity causing you pain - tastes like shit, so much so you'll forget about the pain.  But seriously, it'll work.

You can also dip a Q-tip in some pure vanilla extract, and place it on the offending tooth - also tastes like hell though.

I'm not a dentist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Comfort Inn this past weekend
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I had one of those the ER Doc gave me something - sorry I don't remember what it was, other than that it was a prescription. Maybe you need to head out to the Dr.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTDT. If you can find it (I haven't seen it around in a long time) Orudis KT is the stuff you want.

Found some online thnx, I think Ill overnight ship it.

Ii need to just get a dam root canal, however don't want to put it on a CC and don't have health care. I think it's about time to just go in and get it taken care of. Making my life hell.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
booze. lots and lots of booze.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Get at least a 12 pac...

PS---The infection isn't going to get better and could kill you. Go to the dentist...!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
PS---The infection isn't going to get better and could kill you. Go to the dentist...!

Yeah I had a pretty nast infection in my mouth about 5 years ago, wasn't from my tooth some how my gum between my teeth got infected, probab;y a little cut or something.

Any how I was told we fix it not or you goto the hospital and get iv's and we fix it later. Or I could die if it reached my heart.

So I have decided to goto the dentist. The sad thing is. Ill spend $1,000's on crap, but my health I forget is all I really have.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember this next time yout get painpills, keep 1 or 2 around.  Liqour helps, take a big drink and hold it on affected area for a few seconds before swallowing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Good man!

Check out the link...

Killed by a tooth infection...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good man!

Check out the link...

Thats some scary shit, thnx a-hole. Now every time a i get a chest pain I am gonna piss myself.

No joking, I am going to just go pay the money and let them tear away at me. Hell at least I can get some pain pills out of it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ii need to just get a dam root canal, however don't want to put it on a CC and don't have health care. I think it's about time to just go in and get it taken care of. Making my life hell.

ohh gawd i feel for ya,
i had one of those happen to me a few years ago. NOTHING sold over the counter helped me out. I had to make an emergency call to my dentist to get somthing to knock me out. before they could schedule some emergency drill time.

IMO the worst part of a root canal is the part where the tooth actualy dies. Its all down hill from there trust me.
Exept for the money part. Prepair thy self for a severe wallet vaccuming.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ohh gawd i feel for ya,
i had one of those happen to me a few years ago. NOTHING sold over the counter helped me out. I had to make an emergency call to my dentist to get somthing to knock me out. before they could schedule some emergency drill time.

IMO the worst part of a root canal is the part where the tooth actualy dies. Its all down hill from there trust me.
Exept for the money part. Prepair thy self for a severe wallet vaccuming.

The part about the drilling etc isn't the scary part, it's  the $1,000's lol. You can give me shots, cut at me, probe me what ever you want. Just don't take my wallet  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Just go to the dentist. Dentists are the most feared for NO reason.

Well, other than they eat up your money.

Seriously, dont f*ck with your health.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
A little Anbesol, perhaps? Assuming you've got a 24-hour "big box" store nearby, you could get it right now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not sure what medicines are specifically available, but heres a couple 'home remedies' in a pinch.

Place an asprin on the area/tooth/cavity causing you pain - tastes like shit, so much so you'll forget about the pain.  But seriously, it'll work.

Not a good idea...aspirin is Acetylsalicylic acid,  not good for long exposure the enamel of your teeth.

+1 Go to a dentist
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]
My dad always suggested some JD, not that I'd ever listen to him with that one, lol.
+1 for dentist
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
don't laugh, Pamprin
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Clove extract works the best !!!
Yup thats right the same stuff grandma used to make her Christmas pickles with!!!
Good luck
BIG
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Why have you not gone to the dentist yet?....
Are you still here?...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Excedrin Migrain.  x2
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Jack Daniels.  Works everytime.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Jack Daniels.  Works everytime.

That's what I used 'til I could get into a dentist.  He prescribed Vicocin and an antibiotic for the infection.  
All three worked wonders..........
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn...this is a timely thread!

I'm in the middle of a major rebuild on my mouth now.  I'm 58 and I want to keep my teeth.  I had some problems when I was in the service and got some busted teeth.   I eventually lost number 4 in the upper right and got a bridge btwn 3 - 5.  When 4 cracked wide open down to the pulp, it was one of the three most painful experiences of my life, the other two being a busted left leg (football) and when the Navy doc did surgery on my leg just below the knee at a field hospital without any anesthesia!    Anyway, somehow, the bridge anchor on number 5 got compromised within the last year or so and slightly mobile...just enough to let bactieria in.  Over a period of time...and we're not sure how long, 5 was literally eaten up...no pain...but just destroyed.  I just had the remnants of five extracted and gum surgery including a bone graft done in prep for two dental implants.  A bridge won't work and I'll be damned if I'll wear dentures.

I had the surgery last week and now I've got an infection.  I went today and he did a bit more sewing and stitching and ordered me stronger drugs.

Pricey, yes....about $12k total.  Can I afford it?  Hell no..but I guess we'll have to.  I hate the thought of putting out that kind of money but what can I do?

Keep your teeth!  Take care of them and your gums and they will take care of you!

BTW...sorry you're in pain...that really sucks!  Go to the dentist NOW!  He'll fix you up quickly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You can also dip a Q-tip in some pure vanilla extract, and place it on the offending tooth - also tastes like hell though.

I'd always heard Oil of Cloves, not Vanilla Extract. But I do like Vanilla much more, so I'd sure like to believe it was Vanilla rather than the nasty Oil of Cloves. But I'm pretty sure the home remedy is Oil of Cloves. Like everybody has that at home these days...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#26]
If its infected and abcessed nothing is going to help until you get to the dentist and get it drilled.  Ice directly on the tooth will work for a little while but after a couple hours it won't provide any releif.  Stop screwing around and get to the dentist ASAP; if its abcessed you don't want to let it go too long - it hurts like a mofo and can put you at risk for endocarditis.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep, emergency dental kits have Oil of Cloves, that's what is in my wilderness first aid kit.

Get to a doctor, but if you're forced to wait overnight, try it.

See
www.floss.com/dental_emergency_first_aid_kit__.htm
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good man!

Check out the link...

Thats some scary shit, thnx a-hole. Now every time a i get a chest pain I am gonna piss myself.

No joking, I am going to just go pay the money and let them tear away at me. Hell at least I can get some pain pills out of it.

Pain pills, I have 2 Big bottles of percocets 10mg for a herniated disc that I will need to get "fixed" soon.  Daily pain, in both shoulds down the arms and in to the fingers.  Joy.  This from a stupid fall on to concrete.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#29]
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, Aleve just came on the market. 8 of those twice a day was all I took.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
600 mg of ibuprofin will relieve the worst toothache. It will take a little over an hour IIRC. trust me on this!

I was using this, started at 200 went too 1200 and now will not work.  I don't want to OD on Ibuprofin, lmao would cost me alot more then a trip to the dentist.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Think about how much worse the pain could be. I'm sure if you jabbed at your tooth a few times with a screw driver, you'd be wishing you felt as good as you do now.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd concur with the opinion that you need to see a dentist, immediately. You can get by with a pulpotomy (simple removal of the soft tissues within the pulp chamber and canals) and perhaps antibiotics and anti-inflammatory or pain medication (a few tylenols plus codeines should do the trick). You may not even need that once the dentist is able to relieve the pressure. He can also shave down the crown a bit to eliminate occlusal pressure.

You can get the root canal completed later; however, I do not advise waiting too long on that. Root canals usually result in teeth which are somewhat brittle and easily fractured. Then your problems will really be worse. Get the root canal, get a rebuild, and finally, get a crown. This is far preferable to an extraction, followed by a bridge or a partial denture.

BTW - as far as the cloves. It and certain other aromatic oils (eugenol, especially) are indeed anti-inflammatory and this can reduce pain. Endodontists use zinc oxide eugenol as a part of the sealant they use while they fill the canal with a rubbery material called gutta percha.

BTW - at least 50% of the dentists presently graduating are females. Some are quite attractive, often former hygienists. I was on a dental school admissions committee, so I know these kinds of important information. So what are you waiting for????
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
600 mg of ibuprofin will relieve the worst toothache. It will take a little over an hour IIRC. trust me on this!

My wife is a hygienist and says thats what the dentists gives patients for pain, it works in 98% of patients, for the other 2%, he prescribes oxycotton, percecet, etc..
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was using this, started at 200 went too 1200 and now will not work.  I don't want to OD on Ibuprofin, lmao would cost me alot more then a trip to the dentist.

Then you REALLY need to see a dentist asap, probably infected brother.

BTW, the worst part about root canal therapy, besides draining the bank account, is holding your mouth open for two hours, damn!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#35]
So what did you use? Did it work? Did you see the dentist?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Hit youself in the nuts, really hard
Your tooth will still hurt, but I guarantee you won't be thinking about that pain
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Clove extract works the best !!!
Yup thats right the same stuff grandma used to make her Christmas pickles with!!!
Good luck
BIG

yup, clove oil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top