Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 11:36:16 AM EDT
So, modifying hi or regular caps to work in other guns is legal, so long as it works in the original gun, right? Or is even that restriction gone?

Asking because I got some new mags and want to know before I do anything illegal, so if possible, cite.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#1]
A while back, I was given a twenty round magazine that had a block in it.  I have recently popped that block out so it can hold the 20 rounds it was orignally intended to hold.  

Is that what you were asking about?

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#2]
personal property. you can use it, modify it, whatever as long as you don't break the state law with it because there is no mor AWB.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
personal property. you can use it, modify it, whatever as long as you don't break the state law with it because there is no mor AWB.

+1 he is right you can modify an AK-47 30 rounder to become a 300 rounf 10/22 mag if you are talented enough.

ETA:  POST COUNT, ALMOST THERE!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay then. So, I received two magazines today, both for the Taurus PT92, one 25-rounder, one 15-rounder. I don't have a PT92, so I modified them for the Walther P99, which they fit perfectly. Adding a new magazine catch hole makes them stay in, but since I used the 15-rounder as an experimental one (so I didn't waste the 25-rounder), a measurement error unfortunately resulted in a too-big hole which made it non-functional until I can repair it, if possible. But the 25-rounder stays in perfectly, and I can do a function check on it fairly soon. Here's some pics:

(37k each, linked)

First

Second

Thanks to the guy who sent these to me, whose screenname I forget but whose real name I remember but will not post here for reasons of privacy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Function test w/ snap-caps is A-OK. Can't do the range test for a while, though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

First

Second

Can you bump those?  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried bump-firing the pistol once. Never again. Nearly shot myself in the face.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First

Second

Can you bump those?  

You can bumpfire the p99 if you are careful about doing it. I do it all the time.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anybody know how well do those work? I'd like to get a couple of 30ish round magazines for my P99 in the same vain as the big Glock magazines.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tried bump-firing the pistol once. Never again. Nearly shot myself in the face.

saw one just like that at the gun range.  Dude just damn near took the front half of his face off.  He had muzzle burns on his beard.  

Bad juju.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top