Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 7:43:36 AM EDT
I have a Bushy Dissipator in the old post-ban configuration. Im trying to get the barrell threaded so I can put a flash hider on it. I called one gunsmith shop and he wanted $150.00 dollars just to thread the barrell!!

Does anyone know of a gunsmith who charges reasonable prices that can thread a barrell?

Otherwise, I will have to buy a new barrell from Bushmaster for $200.00.

I refuse to pay $150.00 dollars to thread a $200.00 barrell!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You could check out Randy Kline at Sledgehammer Arms Works in Mansfield, TX. He has a good reputation over at the FALFiles site.  He made a nice sleeved FH for one of my FALs back during the dark days of the ban. Here's a thread from FALFiles-

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115087
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you called Bushmaster? Since you bought it from them, they may give you a break on the price. Its worth a call, but remember you've probably got to pay the to & from shipping. Let us know what happens because I'm sure that others may want to do the samething.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You can ship it to ADCO for $56 for threading.....  Locally Lonestar would have done it, but they are not running business right now last I checked because of the fire.

Personally, I just bought new barrels, then sold my old barrels... and the cost to me in the end was about the same as sending my out for threading and shipping.... and I got new barrels.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top