Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 5:38:39 AM EDT
I am switching from an AR to a shotgun(Winchester 1300 defender) for my primary home defense weapon.

I want to put a gun light on the shotgun. The Surefire model looks good, but expensive. I can't help but thinking that they are overpriced, that I will just end up paying for a brand name. Are there any other brands of equal quality?

I am willing to pay big bucks for high quality if I have to, but I want to save a little money if I can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the Sure-Fire.

But I'm not sure I'd pass up a quality AR carbine for defensive purposes and replace it with a Winny 1300. If left with that choice, I'd put the light on the AR.

Just my opinion.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a surefire 6P

Are they expensive? --- Yes.

Are they worth it ?-----   YES.

Brightest, most powerful flashlight I have ever had. Light and tough, bright and reliable.

Get the surefire.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Surefire on the AR already. It's the small caliber of the AR that I'm concerned with.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Surefire defines the standard to which the other flashlights aspire ....  If it's for home defense, don't you and your loved ones deserve the best?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
use flash bangs instead
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
use flash bangs instead

Wouldn't those "Dragon fire" shotshells be more productive???
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:22:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
use flash bangs instead

Wouldn't those "Dragon fire" shotshells be more productive???

"Hold on a second Mr. burglar whilst I don my welding helmet"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top