Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 8:00:25 PM EDT
Browning makes one but the lenght of pull still seems too long.  I like the Remington Model 7 Youth guns and the regular Model 7 but they are not offered in left hand models.  Anyone else have this problem?
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
How about a Savage Stevens "Favorite". It is a single shot that has a drop lever action kind of like a Sharps. It would work for either hand:

www.savagearms.com/30g.htm

Or they also make several left handed bolt actions:

www.savagearms.com/markiigly.htm
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have been more specific.  I am looking for a centerfire rifle.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about that. I must have missed the "Model 7" reference. Well Browning, Savage and Ruger all make left handed bolt guns, but none of them come in the "Youth model" stock version. Guns America has two left handed Tikka rifles in .223, but I don't know the stock length on those.

If you are not 100% set on a bolt action rifle, both Winchester and Mariln make a youth sized centerfire lever action.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You also might be able find a youth stock which should reduce the pull.  Finding it all together might be tough.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just offering my experience.  I am a left handed shooter and my father started out with looking for left handed firearms for me.  I have only one of them left and it is a Remington 581.  It is a great 22 and had a lot of sentimental value.  My left handed 1100 was traded.  I never liked my Browning BLR (lever action).  I have never looked for a rifle specifically designed for a left handed person.  If I did the only thing I would care about is the fit of the stock to the shooter.  Check out some right handed rifles, they may have a stock which is comfortable for your son.  Make sure your son "test fits" the rifle and pay attention to length of pull and cheek weld (especially for a scoped rifle).  All I can say is good luck with your endeavor.  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#6]
VTK9, That sounds like pretty good advice.  I guess part of the fun is all the looking and stuff.  Maybe a Rem. Model 7 Youth.  I think the syn. is 1/8th of an inch shorter than the wood.  Either one would work.  

You know if Rem would make a Model 7 youth in Left hand it seems like they would sell more of those XP-100 pistols they used to try and sell.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Is used a possibility?  I owned a Remington 788, .308 in left hand.  Didn't fit me and beat me up.  It's the only gun I have sold.  But it was light and came in several cal. It would be cheap enough that you could cut down the stock.  If you drilled holes in the stock first and cut it in slices you could add length a little at a time.  I think it came in .223, .243, 30-30, .308, and maybe in 7mm something.  

TCR 83 or 87 were very nice single shots.  Available in many cal.  Carry and shoot like a dream.  Safety is a bit strange.

Money, Money.  Seems to me that SAKO made a SA in left handed??
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Rossi youth guns

many cal selections. Single shot -- not a bad thing for a youngin.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Rossi youth guns

My son has one, .22/410  It is very light, and my son is pretty scrawny. He can shoot the 22 pretty good, but the 410 whoops him up.

I'm thinking of getting him an 1100 Youth model 20 gauge.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#11]
btt
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy him an M4 style AR with a telestock, it's light, can be set to a short pull by collapsing the stock and the ejection port is well forward and has a deflector… I'm a lefty and use an AR with ease unlike most other semi-autos.

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I got everything to build an AR except a complete receiver.  I guess I could order a complete lower without the stock.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi youth guns

My son has one, .22/410  It is very light, and my son is pretty scrawny. He can shoot the 22 pretty good, but the 410 whoops him up.

I'm thinking of getting him an 1100 Youth model 20 gauge.

I've got the Rossi Combo for my daughter.. haven't gotten around to shooting the .410 yet, but the .22lr is good'nuf
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
NEF, New England Firearms, single shot rifles, they are GREAT....

I have 2 of them, a .223 and a .243, and hunt with the .243

Edit to add, I am also a Lefty......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top