Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 6:17:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
1) I have no idea. Never been unemployed.

2) Just do the change of address with the BATF. You do not need to inform the CLEO of anything. You already have the license. When you send a letter to the CLEO when applying for your license it's just a "courtesy" letter to let them know you are getting one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
1) I have no idea. Never been unemployed.

2) Just do the change of address with the BATF. You do not need to inform the CLEO of anything. You already have the license. When you send a letter to the CLEO when applying for your license it's just a "courtesy" letter to let them know you are getting one.

Wooooooooah there!

I admit that I am getting mixed signals from BATFE-- but I'm in a silimar situation.

Answer #1: File "application for an amended federal firearms license"

Answer #2:  Do #1 plus the citizenship form and proof of safe storage form.

ADMITTEDLY, I AM GETTING TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS.  However, I'm going to get hold of some chief inspector muckety-muck tomorrow morning and find out exactly what needs to be done.

LT-- sorry to hear that TX hasn't worked out for you.  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
LT,
I am sorry to hear that TX hasn't been kind to you.

MrsDozer said McD's is always hiring!

I hope things get better and when you get back to Cali I know you will help get the idiots out of office!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well as most of you know, my ass is back to CA by end of next week. So first question.

1) Since my contract ended in my temporary gig, I was told I was eligible for unemployment. So do I file here in TX, or wait till I get to CA??

Sympathies, man.  I think you have to file in TX;  those plans are run on a state-by-state basis.  I could be wrong, however.

Otherwise you could move to WA, which has the highest unemployment payout in the nation, almost $500 per week.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well as most of you know, my ass is back to CA by end of next week. So first question.

1) Since my contract ended in my temporary gig, I was told I was eligible for unemployment. So do I file here in TX, or wait till I get to CA??

2) I have a C&R FFL. For the ATF I just need to send them a change of address. But how about when I get to CA. Do I have to inform the local CLEO that I have a C&R FFL???

I just did a change of addy form two weeks ago. No you dont have to notify, just fill out the "addedum" form and mail it back in. Within a few weeks they will have the new one sent to you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top