User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2004 4:34:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be fucked, Im in a big city with no guns and no form of transportation. So if it happened and it wasnt in my city I would have to deal with the hoards. I would most likely find my way out of the city and make my way to central Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless it was Tampa that got nuked, I'd probably stay right here...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Hunker down and try to provide for my family. Thats some scary stuff to think about. I often wonder what the Islam-o-whackos are planning for the future.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Sit tight.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
If I'm not going to be hit by the fallout, I'll stay here.  I have friends I can trust, and we can probably hold off looters indefinitely.  If the fallout is coming this way, we'll see how well the potassium iodate works, load up the BOVs, and head north.

And prayer.  Lots of prayer.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If the most feared event of the last decade suddenly happened- Nukes 'go off' in three Major American Cities Simultaneously- What would you do? What are your plans? The .gov has been warning us for the last 3 years to prepare... Have you?

If it's not in my area what would I need to do? Nothing I suspect. Go to work the next day?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
If they were real nukes (Not some improvised crap) We would all be fucked, No matter where you go the radiation would cause major problems all over the US for decades.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Stay where I'm at.  Nuking Cleveland would be an improvement.

They dont call it the "mistake by the lake" for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Stay where I'm and take some iodine pills to prevent cancer of the thyroid gland. Getting out of town? where do you go?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#13]
board up and hunker down. Damned if you do and damned if you don't

I pray it'll never happen
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Put in a sell short order on every large corporation I can until all my money and leverage is gone.   Provided there's a market open somewhere.

Give it a few days and cover.

Take the cash and buy one of those empty silos.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in Omaha, were a Priority target. Stragic Air Command/ Offuct Air Force Base.
I wonder how I'd tan at 3500 degrees?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Unless it was Tampa that got nuked, I'd probably stay right here...

+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#19]
We've already been told it's not a matter of if, but when

I could only hope I was with my family when it happened.  In my last moments I want to be with them.

From a survival standpoint as mentioned you'd have to figure out some kind of threat assessment.  If the nuke came for another military power like China or Russia then a military land assault is likely to follow.  I'd kill anything in a foreign uniform.  Including those with a blue hat on that were called in to bring things back to normal.

If it were an act of terrorism on the other hand I prepare my family and friends for rape, pillage, and looting from inside.  Just look at the recent hurricanes and the LA riots to get an idea of how people act in desperate times.  

Let's hope it never comes to this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Stay where I'm at.  Nuking Cleveland would be an improvement.

+1 espically the airport security weenies!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is all the information you need:

AboutFal1955.avi  <---26 megs (DivX)

KhanFire
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Just carry on. Go to work. Continue life BUT never forget never forgive!!

I think it would be important for the country to continue and NOT stop. It's up to us to make this happen.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Stay put and wait, and pray. I guess i could go down into the underground storm cellar, like it would help but it would beat nothing at all
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#25]
"Farm Trip."

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they were real nukes (Not some improvised crap) We would all be fucked, No matter where you go the radiation would cause major problems all over the US for decades.  

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Did all the REALLY FUCKING BIG ONES we set off in Nevada render the US unhabitable?????

No, But cancer rates took off in the US after the test. Especially the worst ones Like child hood lukemia ( I Hate to even say the word) .  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Did all the REALLY FUCKING BIG ONES we set off in Nevada render the US unhabitable?????

No, But cancer rates took off in the US after the test. Especially the worst ones Like child hood lukemia ( I Hate to even say the word) .  

Sir, do you have statistics to back that up?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Sit tight. I doubt the rags have it out for the country music scene.

Then find where the jerks are jumping for joy over it and make fun with the .308 vapor trails.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I hate to be dragged into this one, but it does of coursed depend on the materials used in the pit.  Plutonium is dirtier than uranium, thus the fallout from a primarily plutonium device could potentially cause the kill zone to be extended.

If the delivery device is high altitude, say a small aircraft, the fallout would be less as well.  However, if the device yields within a city more material would become fallout and be carried into the atmosphere.

This might help you.

Most likely we would encounter a little over 5 kt, unless the weapon is more advanced.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe after that test in naggasaki and hiroshoma.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir, do you have statistics to back that up?

No I do not & I don't have the time to research them, Have a wonderful day!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Stay where I'm and take some iodine pills to prevent cancer of the thyroid gland. Getting out of town? where do you go?

You do of course realize the pills in question could fry your thyroid, right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nevada test shots were not the biggest nor the dirtiest shots we did.  Luckily the area was pretty desolate back then and they didn't conduct most tests unless wind conditions were just right  but yes Cancer rates did spike up after that.  The fallout also helped scientists trace US wind currents.

The Biggest shots were done in the Pacific, the Castle Bravo shot was our biggest and dirtiest that I know of, the island it was tested on was completely vaporized and became fallout.

For a terrorist strike, Washington DC, LA, and NYC rank as the most likely candidates for an attack due to importance, economic impact, and in the case of LA & NYC very dense population center.    
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
If capable, head to the mountains where I have a place set up with 2 months of food and hope like hell the cloud doesn't come my way.

WHAT?  Didn't you make sure your bug-out cabin is out of the prevailing wind path of all major US Cities, military bases, and launch sites?

Everyone on this thread, go read this:  www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0873641752/qid=1095645706/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-6992770-1549727?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
NOBODY would be allowed to go anywhere.  Martial Law would be declared in a heartbeat. You wouldn't be allowed  to stockpile food or water, let alone leave your house. Anyone who did would be shot on site.  Total military takeover of the country.  Forget your guns, because if you were caught using one even for self defense purposes, you'd be indefinitely "detained".  It would be a nightmare.  Every liberty we have would be gone or "suspended".  HECK, just look at what Gen. Tommy Franks said after 911..........if another attack were to happen here, martial law would be declared.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#38]
the 3 most likely cities are philadelphia ,Nyc and wash d.c.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#39]
You know something we don't?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#40]
If it were found out to be a product of the peaceful religion, I'd be looking in the news for some 'nepalize' justice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
NOBODY would be allowed to go anywhere.  Martial Law would be declared in a heartbeat. You wouldn't be allowed  to stockpile food or water, let alone leave your house. Anyone who did would be shot on site.  Total military takeover of the country.  Forget your guns, because if you were caught using one even for self defense purposes, you'd be indefinitely "detained".  It would be a nightmare.  Every liberty we have would be gone or "suspended".  HECK, just look at what Gen. Tommy Franks said after 911..........if another attack were to happen here, martial law would be declared.  

Can you tell me where the Govt. is going to get the manpower to restrain 300 million people? I don't mean 300 million people going about the normal course of their daily lives and willingly submitting to the rules of an ordered society. I mean 300 million people who are presumably in a panic, worried about more attacks, protecting, feeding and sheltering themselves and their families.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You know something we don't?

nyc for financial aspect, philadelphia because of its historical prominance, and Wash D.C. because its the capitol . This would have a pretty bad affect on this country because of each city has some type of
significances as a target its very easy to see not to mention alot of higher ups in Islam know this because they went to school here if this were to happen it would be these 3 cities if any other  but these are targets simply for what i have stated i have looked at at purely a tactical angle and this is what i have come up with if there where three targets
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know if suitcase nukes give off a huge fallout.  I'm in Houston, if one say went off in Dallas, probably wouldn't affect us.  From what I've read, they can only take out a downtown area.  Maybe someone can give more information on them.  I seriously doubt any terrorists have something like a ICBM grade nuke.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#44]
edited:

Changed my mind.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I don't know if suitcase nukes give off a huge fallout.  I'm in Houston, if one say went off in Dallas, probably wouldn't affect us.  From what I've read, they can only take out a downtown area.  Maybe someone can give more information on them.  I seriously doubt any terrorists have something like a ICBM grade nuke.

A terrorist nuke would be a low-yield device, maybe a few kilotons...enough to take out the center of a city, but no real danger to those in the suburbs...we're not talking Soviet ICBMs with H-bombs here, folks...just crude fission weapons, or more likely just dirty bombs, which aren't really nukes at all...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#46]
the first nukes we used werent grand devices either and would be easy to replicate if you could get the material so i dont have any doubt they could build one
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#47]
It doesn't matter exactly where it will happen.When it happens,everything will shutdown out of fear.That will be the time to clear the slate and then do what you can to survive until recovery.Which could very well be a long time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I would be fucked, Im in a big city with no guns and no form of transportation. So if it happened and it wasnt in my city I would have to deal with the hoards. I would most likely find my way out of the city and make my way to central Wisconsin.

NO GUNS????  
What are you thinkikng? Why are you here?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#49]

All that can be done, has been done.  (for now)  

Food.  

Water.

Gear.  

Guns.

Ammo.

Training.  

Wish I could afford to do even more.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO GUNS????  
What are you thinkikng? Why are you here?

I'm at college and they dont allow us to have guns in our dorms. We can keep them at the police dept., but there is now way in hell i would do that. I do have an AR at my home.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top