Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:19:39 PM EDT
I know there are people here that had  run in's with people that just think you cannot own assult weapons, what I do not understand is why people think assult weapons is only used for killing people!
is beyond me, i've got in some really heated arguments over these type of firearms with not just one person, but more people I can count, include family members, seems to me the mindset with these people is that hunting guns are used for hunting, pistols are used for self-protection, and assult-weapons are used has mass killing machines capable of mowing down thousands of people at one time.

I had one individual last week try to tell me my business about these weapons and I had a lengthy descussion about these types, WHY DO YOU NEED A AK47! WHY DO YOU NEED A AK47!  well I do not need a AK47 I proceed to tell them that I do not really hunt at all I like to just shoot at my range I have out at my dads! it is a hobby that sucks my wallet dry. then I tell them it is none of there business. you can really tell people are being spoonfed lies like MSNBC shure they tell there. the news knows that fear sells, gives ratings.  the masses think you can go down to the gun store and buy machine guns right of the rack. people I work with seems to be like walking on egg shells around me
all because I really enjoy the shooting sports. was kindof funny at first but it is really getting annoying
now. guy I work with said everyone warned him about me all because I own these types is getting old.
you guys had these experiences.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Calm down   but sorry to say these weapons were meant to kill people, but that shouldnt stop us from owning them, the 2nd amendment says nothing about having the right to own hunting rifles.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
i used to get this all the time.

now i dont talk to anyone at work.

its hard to keep my mouth closed when i overhear these lies.....but i do.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have said this more time than I care to remember at this point....I own a DEFENSIVE RIFLE.....not an assault weapon!

Im not running the streets at night amok, nor am I taking aim through a "high power scope" from a hotel window in the city....rather, I have defensive weapons, safely stored in my home.

Why dont people get this? Oh.....thats right....because they are liberals and think that the police are their concierge service / personal body gaurds.

Show me a person that is against private ownership of a defensive weapon, and I will show you a person that has no concept of being the victim of a crime.

DAMN THIS TOPIC PISSES ME OFF!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
real ak-47s are full auto

unless you got full auto guns, i dont belive you have ANY assault weapons b/c AW are FULL-AUTO

all semi-auto guns are legal for hunting, just as long they meet cliber and mag limits
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell them that those weapons are meant to kill and that our founding fathers agreed that each and every man had the God-given right to kill to protect himself, his home/family, and his freedom from all enemies, foreign and domestic.  Tell them they wouldn't be worth having if they couldn't deal a violent death.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WHY DO YOU NEED A AK47! WHY DO YOU NEED A AK47!  

Zombies.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I really think the ar15 is great for coyotes! I over the 8 years Ive owned them I have a lot of enjoyment out of them.  they tell me you cannot use them for hunting but that is not true. I tell them
that I lost a friend a kid I grew up with mis handling a muzzleloader. some how when a kid brings a gun to school and shoots a classmate with a handgun, assult weapons become the focus not handguns.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Just tell them to STFU and they dont know what the hell they are talking about
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
it is not just one, I can take the slaming but man, the term is "there used for killing people!" they only kill you you used them for that! what about the police using 870 shotguns well there just doing there job. so if I owned a rem 870 "which i do" well thats ok there used fo hunting. huh! the best part is
If i get rid of the assult weapons in my home the flowers will blossem the sun will get brighter and while dancing amongst the flowers picking at them, throwing them in the air singing the sound of music,
well! shew! man! I made the whole world a better place.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Its all about the delivery of the information.  It is easy to manipulate these uneducated people - you just have to know how to communicate with them.  Start off by agreeing with them on some minor point and then deliver your contrary evidence.

Example:

Lib: "Those things are made for killing en masse."

You: "Absolutely, yes, these weapons can cause a lot of harm.  We need stricter punishments for offenders so they never see the light of day again!  And it is our duty to protect ourselves.  What better way to defend one's self and family from these beastly humans than to possess a weapon of its likeness...blah blah...Jefferson papers, the meaning of the 2nd amendment, protecting God's gift of life, etc."

What ever your arguement is, your best delivery is getting their heads to nod.  Get them agreeing eith you, then deliver your message.

You: "These people need to be locked up for life!"  (anti's head nods in agreement) "Something needs to be done about this!"  (anti's head continues nodding)  "We need to protect ourselves and our families, etc."

Its all about manipulation and delivery.

The libs are easily had.

Great post. Bravo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
The original homeland defense rifle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I just tell them I NEED an assault weapon so I can DEAL with the people that ask me that question  when the voices in my head give me the signal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

what I do not understand is why people think assult weapons is only used for killing people!

WHO CARES?

My guns are for KILLING PEOPLE.   I don't apologize for that.

Try to hurt me or mine, and you'll find out what Self Defense is all about.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
BECAUSE I CAN, THAT'S WHY!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#16]
"WHY DO YOU NEED AN AK47?! WHY DO YOU---"

"Stop. It's a gay thing."

::::::::: crickets :::::::::::
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]
That's exactly why very few people at my work even know that I have guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#18]
After trying reason... I fall back on

"I don't give a damn what you think."
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I tell people the truth...I hunt with mine. I have more faith in my HK91 then a Remington or a Browning. I am so tired of this crap from the left about how one uses an assault rifle for hunting...there are a lot of people who do, and I am one of them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I know there are people here that had  run in's with people that just think you cannot own assult weapons, what I do not understand is why people think assult weapons is only used for killing people!
is beyond me, i've got in some really heated arguments over these type of firearms with not just one person, but more people I can count, include family members, seems to me the mindset with these people is that hunting guns are used for hunting, pistols are used for self-protection, and assult-weapons are used has mass killing machines capable of mowing down thousands of people at one time.

I had one individual last week try to tell me my business about these weapons and I had a lengthy descussion about these types, WHY DO YOU NEED A AK47! WHY DO YOU NEED A AK47!  well I do not need a AK47 I proceed to tell them that I do not really hunt at all I like to just shoot at my range I have out at my dads! it is a hobby that sucks my wallet dry. then I tell them it is none of there business. you can really tell people are being spoonfed lies like MSNBC shure they tell there. the news knows that fear sells, gives ratings.  the masses think you can go down to the gun store and buy machine guns right of the rack. people I work with seems to be like walking on egg shells around me
all because I really enjoy the shooting sports. was kindof funny at first but it is really getting annoying
now. guy I work with said everyone warned him about me all because I own these types is getting old.
you guys had these experiences.

I am not trying to be harsh, but you really need to work on your spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#21]
All guns were made for killing people in war.  The very 1st matchlock rifles ever made were made for killing people.  Guns have only evolved to be more efficient and reliable.  It is through the ingenuity or boredom, if you prefer, that we have other peaceful activities to do with firearms such as competitive shooting and hunting.

People were killing each other before the Stone Age with whatever was laying around.  I'm sure if gunpowder had never been invented, we would have some other crazy contraption for dispensing death like rapid fire arrow launchers or hand-held catapults.  

It all boils down to intent of the user.    

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#22]
All guns are designed for killing.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I live in a Tornado "Red-Zone" according to my Homeowner's Insurance. So my "Assualt Weapon" is more an "Anti-Looter Assualt Weapon."

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#24]
There is no such thing as a so-called "semiautomatic assault weapon".

Note the correct spelling for a couple of you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

unless you got full auto guns, i dont belive you have ANY assault weapons b/c AW are FULL-AUTO

all semi-auto guns are legal for hunting, just as long they meet cliber and mag limits

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT!  Some of you people are as confused as the dummies who don't know any better.

Full auto or select fire rifles of an intermediate caliber are ASSAULT RIFLES, not so-called "assault weapons" as defined by the defunct law.

The confusion that they hoped to create by using the term "assault weapon" apparently has worked even of some who should know better.

GOT THAT!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I tell people the truth...I hunt with mine. I have more faith in my HK91 then a Remington or a Browning. I am so tired of this crap from the left about how one uses an assault rifle for hunting...there are a lot of people who do, and I am one of them.

Not a flame at you, but whether you use your Sport Utility/Homeland Defense rifle for hunting is completely irrelevant and that is what I tell them.  The Second Amendment is not about hunting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]

I just tell them I use my AR's and Ak's for target shooting and hunting.

And if they don't like them they can move to Kali. Kali is safe because AW's don't exist there. Yeah right.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a flame at you, but whether you use your Sport Utility/Homeland Defense rifle for hunting is completely irrelevant and that is what I tell them.  The Second Amendment is not about hunting.

+1 the biggest misconception by anti's and dumb shits is that the 2nd amendment is for hunting

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#29]
when people ask me why I have them  "It is my right to own these weapons and I dont have to give a legitiment reason to have them, Thomas Jefferson and the founding fathers already did that for me".
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#30]
+1 on what 82nd said, plus anyone who pointed out that the RKBA is all about defending yourself not hunting.

I know it gets frustraiting but you've got to talk to these people one person at a time.  Ask them to go shooting with you.  

We should have a national "teach a liberal to shoot day."  I've never taken a person to the range and had them leave an anti gunner.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Ask them why they need the Michael Moore book on their coffee table.  People don't need hobbies - they are for fun.

And what everyone else said about the 2nd Amendment.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ditto!

The real definition of assault, (not the one they stuffed down our throats for the past ten years) is a weapon thatf fires more than one round per trigger pull.  But I think we should have those as well.  Christ told His disciples to get a sword, which was the same type of "assault weapon" that Ceasar's SWAT team was armed with.  He didnt say "get a dagger"  He said sword.

But hey, if you want to define assault weapon as anything one could do harm with, then the ink pens carried by these jokers would be a good place to start.

But then again, I am preaching to the chior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top