Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:18:27 PM EDT
At the local range there is a 500 meter iron sight shoot in the morning.  I currently have a Bushmaster 16" carbine.  Is it even capable at that range.  I have never been to a meet so i dont know target size.  I am sure its fairly good sized seeing that it is open sights.  The only question other than the guns ability is my eyes.

Should i compete or just watch this one and see how it goes.  Wait till i get a longer range rifle.

Thanks.
Will
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you figure out the elevation (hold over), you ought to be able to hit 18" squares at 500 yards with your Bushmaster.

-z
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
a 16" Bushy will do just fine at 500...with open sights I have picked off sodas can at 150........at 500, a life size silloutte is realisitic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top