BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 3:37:11 PM EDT
You have to give Glock credit!

"Mail Call" for Marines
Submitted by: MCB Quantico
Story Identification #: 200491675732
Story by Cpl. Susan Moyer

Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va (Sept. 10, 2004) -- Hundreds of Marines, Sailors, and civilians, attended the special Mail Call event, hosted by R. Lee Ermey, actor and former Marine, at the Little Hall Theater Friday night at 8 p.m.

The taping of Mail Call, aired on the History Channel, kicked off the R. Lee Ermey Celebrity Experience.

Caption: The Miss Virginia titleholder, Kristi Glakas, accompanied Robert Glock, the executive senior vice president of Glock Handguns, to present $100,000 to Ermey for the R. Lee Ermey Celebrity Experience Friday night at the Little Hall Theater. The check and all other proceeds from the weekend’s events went to the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society and Young Marines Youth Organization.  Photo by: Cpl. Susan Moyer

Throughout the weekend, over 25 celebrities joined Emey for several fund-raising events. All proceeds went to the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society and Young Marines Youth Organization.

The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society’s mission is to help provide financial, educational, and other assistance to members of the United States Naval Services, family members and survivors when in need.

“The Society is becoming exhausted from the war in Iraq, so I wanted to find a way to help them out,” said Ermey. “I don’t want our troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan to worry about whether or not their families are being taken care of here at home.”

Caption:  R. Lee Ermey, actor and former Marine, practices with a group of Quantico Marines for an act performed during the Mail Call event Friday at the Little Hall Theater. He jumped into character as Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sgt. Hartman and used the Marines to help reenact scenes from his movie, Full Metal Jacket.   Photo by: Cpl. Susan Moyer

The Young Marines is a youth education and service program open to boys and girls, ages eight through the completion of high school, which focuses on the mental, moral, and physical development of its members.

“The Young Marines is one of the fastest growing youth programs in the U.S.,” said Michael B. Kessler, the national executive director of the Young Marines. “This is due to the fact that we instill all of the traits that are unique to the Marine Corps in our youth.”

Although the weekend’s activities were fund-raising events for the Relief Society and the Young Marines, Friday’s Mail Call event was free to all military service members and family members with D.o.D identification.

“We just came down here to let the troops relax and have some fun,” said Ermey. “We are sure going to put on a show.”

A line began to form an hour and a half before the event began.

“I was ready for this three weeks ago when I heard Ermey was coming,” said Andrew T. Piskator, a travel clerk on base and one of the first people in line for the event. “I am a big, big fan and a faithful viewer.”

Once the line finished filing into the theater, it was almost a full house and the crowd was ready for the show.

Mail Call kicked off with opening remarks from Mark Kessler, the stadium announcer for the Washington Redskins and was followed by a few songs played on a bagpipe.

Finally, Ermey took the floor. He marched a group of Marines out to the front of the stage and reenacted scenes from his movie Full Metal Jacket as his character Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sgt. Hartman.

“That was my favorite part of the whole show,” said Piskator. “He sounded just like he did in the movie … intimidating.”

Next, Colton Burton (NBC’s most talented kid) took the stage to perform a hiphop dance number along with his two backup dancers. “Little C,” only nine-years-old, received non-stop applause from the crowd for his dance moves.

The dance trio took the floor for a second number after four comedians performed for the crowd to include Jim Turner, Henry Cho, Tom Parks and Turk Pipkin.

During the show, Robert Glock, the executive senior vice president of Glock Handguns, presented $100,000 to Ermey for the R. Lee Ermey Celebrity Experience.

Next, the crowd was entertained with several songs performed by Billy Burnette from Fleetwood Mac and three others who sang, played guitar and played the drums.

Ermey ended the show, after thanking all his sponsors and people who helped out with the event, with “Semper Fi, do or die…oorah Marines!”

www.ermeyexperience.com
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]

I like R.Lee, but Glock will never again get even so much as a drop of sweat from my scrotum!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I like R.Lee, but Glock will never again get even so much as a drop of sweat from my scrotum!

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The donation was to a very worthy cause given by a company who's best product is its marketing.
Glock must be trying to buy a Marine contract.
Glock gives money but the Marines use Kimber.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my 3 Glocks, but I doubt I will buy another new one. Maybe a used 19.

I was going to buy the "Terminator" trilogy, but now that Arnold screwed us, as far as I'm concerned he can lick my scrotum and cram his movies up his arse.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it ballistic fingerprinting thing?
I thought that Gaston Glock fired the piece of shit who said that and is not doing the ballistic fingerprinting.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I thought that Gaston Glock fired the piece of shit who said that and is not doing the ballistic fingerprinting.

Yes, "fired" him and quietly hired him back as a consultant or some such drivel.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

He was immediately re-hired as another position.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The donation was to a very worthy cause given by a company who's best product is its marketing.

Glock's marketing??? They hardly have a website!
Odd that you would comment on Glocks marketing when Kimber has the most aggresive advertising campaign out there.

The Kimber that the Marines are using is basically a custom pistol built to their specs. because all of the alleged "improvements" Kimber implemented on the 1911 platform did nothing but cause problems. I dont see a external extractor or a series2 firing pin safety on the Marines pistol.

I would, and do take my Glock into harms way anyday  infavor  of my Kimber.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Money to a good cause.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock's marketing??? They hardly have a website!
Odd that you would comment on Glocks marketing when Kimber has the most aggresive advertising campaign out there.

The Kimber that the Marines are using is basically a custom pistol built to their specs. because all of the alleged "improvements" Kimber implemented on the 1911 platform did nothing but cause problems. I dont see a external extractor or a series2 firing pin safety on the Marines pistol.

I would, and do take my Glock into harms way anyday  infavor  of my Kimber.

Every gun shop I go into has more glock gear and advertizing stuff than that of any other maker.
They are very good at marketing, that was a compliment BTW.
The Marines put out requirements for companies who wanted to build their 1911.
Those requirements said, among many other things, no FP safety and it will use an internal extractor.....duh
I'm not a huge Kimber fan but I will be buying the warrior pistol when it comes out.  I would not buy the "improved" Kimber nor would I buy a Colt series 80 for the same reason.
Glock makes good 9mm pistols, others seem to want to explode, and I have bought and sold 4 glocks over the years, sold mainly because I just didn't like them.
I don't like their politics either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, "fired" him and quietly hired him back as a consultant or some such drivel.

Gee god forbid that somone may actually be an asset to a company regardless of their political beliefs.

You neglected to capitalize the "G" in God.
So you support ballistic fingerprinting then ??
Gee, God forbid that dan rather quit, he's such an asset to cbs.
That was a stupid statement.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't see Kimber giving $100K to the Marine Corps, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough...
Oh yeah, and Gunny Ermey rules!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Gee god forbid that somone may actually be an asset to a company regardless of their political beliefs.

Your "someone" is a worthless piece of human excrement.  I'd give a huge amount of $$  to spend 10 mins alone with him
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#15]
So. Other than KB's why are people saying they'll never buy Glock again?

Oh, and supporting a worthless restriction on the second amendment is one thing. Publishing forgeries of government documents while acting as the agent of a trusted news source is another.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Im curious, about the "ballistic fingerprinting" you guys are talking about. Is this some sort of mandatory registration procedure that some liberal fuck is pushing?

We use ballistic testing in Law enforcement. And it is a very useful tool for us. But if mandatory ballistic registration is what you guys are talking about, I agree, A total violation, and a all around croc of shit.

Oh yeah, BTW, I have close to 15,000rds. through my G23 with no KB's. And I have never seen any other Glock pistol blow-up, regardless of caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top