Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 12:43:36 PM EDT
 I just discovered a horrible error (most likely intentional) last night in AOL's popular "pick the President" service.  Time and AOL (Time-Warner) have conspired to offer members (and anyone who visits their site) a service to help undecided voters pick a candidate.  The service gives you several political, social, and economic questions, and asks you to answer them.  Towards the end of the test, it asks you to rate the importance of "Miltary Service."  If you answer "must have," then it will pick John Kerry EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Nevermind that his views were only a 12% match with my own, and GWB was a 84% match...it still states that GWB DOES NOT HAVE MILITARY SERVICE, thus he would be eliminated from my selection criteria if I want a candidate with military service.  So, I guess those jets that he was flying must have been R/C planes at the local hobby shop...

What's with this BS?!  I need to know who to contact to get this problem remedied right away- would hate to see some unknowing vet, or person with good intentions but little knowledge, get snookered by this crap.  I know that 99.9% of us on this board already know what's right, but we need every bit of the sheeple vote that we can muster- and blatant mis-information like this hurts us.  

Anyone have any contact #'s at AOL that we can hit?  Somebody who could possibly get this crap changed?

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Expected somebody to see this by now---am I the only one who even does business with AOhelL anymore?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Expected somebody to see this by now---am I the only one who even does business with AOhelL anymore?  

Maybe i'm looking for contact info right now..

Ok.. We could try the CEO... [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yup. AOL is well-known to be liberal gun-grabbing asshats with crappy software too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that too on the poll - and couldn't find ANY contact information for anyone associated with it to write to - though I doubt they would care, especially if you don't use AOL.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
 I have already written off AOL, but still keeping them because my wife insists on still uses their crappy email service and can't agree to let it go...that's another story.  What really bothers me is that they are perpetrating this kind of blatant lie to the public, basically unchallenged.  Every little thing is going to count in this election, and we can't afford to lose even one vote to sloppy BS like this. Anyone get a better contact number besides steve case?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top