BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 11:13:46 AM EDT
Marine, LAPD Officer Receives Bronze Star
Submitted by:    Los Angeles Public Affairs
Story by:   Computed Name: Staff Sgt. Sergio Jimenez
Story Identification #:   200498181659

LOS ANGELES(Sept. 2, 2004) -- Staff Sgt. Jeremy E. Stafford recieved the Bronze Star Medal during a ceremony at Parker Center, Los Angeles Police Department Headquarters, Sept. 2, 2004.

Brig. Gen. James L. Williams, commanding general, I Marine Expeditionary Force Augmentation Command Element, Camp Pendleton, presented the medal to Stafford, a reserve Marine and weapons instructor with the LAPD Training Division.

Stafford received the naval service's fourth highest award for heroism in connection with combat operations against the enemy as a Civil Affairs Team Chief, 3rd Civil Affairs Group, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif., on April 2, 2003, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. According to the citation, Stafford and his team were conducting regional assessments in the vicinity of Sumar, Iraq, when he observed the enemy attempting to assemble a hasty ambush. Stafford immediately engaged and killed one enemy assailant, wounded another, and disrupted the enemy ambush giving his unit an opportunity to deliver "overwhelming and devastating fire upon the enemy."
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The United States Marine. Is there any more competent war-fighter? I think not.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
when he observed the enemy attempting to assemble a hasty ambush. Stafford immediately engaged and killed one enemy assailant, wounded another, and disrupted the enemy ambush giving his unit an opportunity to deliver "overwhelming and devastating fire upon the enemy."

Get some DevilDog!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Pfffft, thats nothing, ole' johnny "rambo" kerry got more than that in just 4 months !
SEMPER FI MARINES !!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Well deserving of the medal. You gotta hand it to those Navy Infantry guys - they get the job done every time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Internet SALUTE to him
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
A bit of good news
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pfffft, thats nothing, ole' johnny "rambo" kerry got more than that in just 4 months !

and 3 purple hearts to.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome Too bad he didn't  pinch his thumb on the charging handle, he could have gotten a purple heart as well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The Navy's Infantry at its finest!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

OK, drunk bitch- you trolled once for a response and nobody bit.  You did it a second time and somebody finally noticed- are you satisfied now?  

------------------------------------------------------

Semper Fi to that brave SSgt, and good to see him home.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Good shootin thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get you're panties caught up.  It was just a joke.  Half of my family served in the Corps and the other half in the Army.  I put my 9 years in and have always enjoyed giving the jarheads a hard time about their association with the Navy.  It obviously works quite well from your reaction.  I've honestly got nothing but respect for my Marine brethren - but ya'll are easy to set off when it comes to that Navy relationship.  

So cool your engines, hot-rod.  We're all playing on the same team.  

My Granfather fought in Iwo Jima during WWII.  I couldn't be prouder.  I have the highest regard for his service and yet still gave him a hard time about being the Navy's Infantry.  Its all in good fun.

Hit the beach!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get you're panties caught up.  It was just a joke.  Half of my family served in the Corps and the other half in the Army.  I put my 9 years in and have always enjoyed giving the jarheads a hard time about their association with the Navy.  It obviously works quite well from your reaction.  I've honestly got nothing but respect for my Marine brethren - but ya'll are easy to set off when it comes to that Navy relationship.  

So cool your engines, hot-rod.  We're all playing on the same team.  

My Granfather fought in Iwo Jima during WWII.  I couldn't be prouder.  I have the highest regard for his service and yet still gave him a hard time about being the Navy's Infantry.  Its all in good fun.

Hit the beach!

Taken in stride, and I never mind belonging to a department of the Navy-  Somebody has to be THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top