Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:17:19 PM EDT
At least that is what a friend from work thinks. I tell him how I am going to the gunshow tomorrow and he tells me to watch out for fullauto AR15s that are now legal to buy now that the ban is over. What a nut! I tried to explain to him what AWB was really about but he would not listen. The media really messed up the uneducated on both sides of the issue!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean there`s a black Stormy?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohboy......

NO, the AWB had NOTHING to do with FA!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
AGNTSA!!!!   someone please make a faq about the awb  and pin it please
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
furball75... I was just trying to tell a story. The problem is that my friend does not visit this web site... He has no info on the ban except from the media and me... And he wont believe me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You mean there`s a black Stormy?

......... No.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ohboy......

NO, the AWB had NOTHING to do with FA!

Did you read the post, or just the thread title?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]

The media really messed up the uneducated on both sides of the issue!

Not at all.  They got EXACTLY what they were looking for.  As we've seen in the past week the vast majority of people (including those that SHOULD know better - like COPS) think that:

"Assault Weapon" == any rifle that isn't bolt operated == machine gun.

It's as simple as that.  For 10 YEARS the Brady Bunch and every anti-gun group in this nation (along with politicians who GLADLY repeat the LIE) have pounded this into the head of every media mouthpiece and every sheeple has now had 10 YEARS to think that above is FACT.

After all "I heard it on TV and so must be true, doesn't it?"

This was their goal all along, to demonize *evil* rifles, right along with anyone who DARES suggest that there's nothing wrong with owning them.

As we've also seen this week your cow-worker is no different than MILLIONS of Americans.  When they are told FACTS they CHOOSE to believe the LIE.  This is why we are doomed as a Nation.  Facts have very little to do with how people act or live their lives anymore, the only thing that is vaild in their world is how they "feel" about something.  We see this happening more and more every day.

Down this path lies madness.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Airwolf is right. Over the past ten years, I'd say roughly 5% of the folks I've broached the subject with had any clue that the AWB banned semi-auto weapons. Some were astonished to learn they'd been hoodwinked by the media and the Brady Bunch, and others just shrugged their shoulders and mumbled "Well, there must be something you're not telling me...there's just no way they could get away with banning mere semi-auto's."

As a point of interest only, I found that those particularly astounded were the WWII vets (including my own father). This stands to reason; these are guys who grew up on the battlefield watching the original MachinenKarabine's and SturmGevehr's chew up their buddies. To them, calling a semi-auto an "assault weapon" is almost an insult...to both the living and the dead.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It's the perfect time to push through a repeal of the '86 ban. Tha anti's have no argument.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's the perfect time to push through a repeal of the '86 ban. Tha anti's have no argument.

I REALLY like to see their response to this line of attack.  They've spent years wiping out the distinction between semi and full-auto to the point where most of the country thinks that if a rifle isn't a bolt action, it's a machine gun.

To push a bill repealing the 86 ban and making as many people as possible aware that we have had full-auto registration and taxation since 1934 would cause the grabbers to be caught in their own exquisite web of lies they've perpetrated on the American people for more than 10 years.

They've made everyone think that "machine guns are flooding the streets with the sunset of the AWB".  What will they do when bombarded with the facts that machine guns have been severely regulated since 1934 and no new guns have been available to the public since 1986?  This is something they've managed to totally ignore in their push to demonize semi-autos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top