Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:09:02 PM EDT
i've been searching the new archive trying to find out.  as near as i can tell the answer is "no".  isn't it tradition to resign your seat when a cadidate gets the nomination?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#1]
he's still got his job as a senator. As far as I'm concerned, the less often he's doing his job, the better.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No. Even Dole (had no chance of beating Klinton) gave his up.

It's called "integrity", and Kerry has none of it...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
He was probably told not to give up his day job.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Lieberman never gave up his seat either when he was runnin' with gore.

Did W give up his govenership when he was runnin'? Just curious why this hasn't become an issue in the campaign.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
No he is still a non-effective Senator, and Ted's colon cleanser
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
No.

Remember he left the campaign at a critical time to go back to D.C. to vote for the "AWB" extension to SB1805.  That was the ONLY vote that he cast since he started running and he thought it was important enough (even though his JOB as Senator doesn't seem to hold the same weight) to fly back to Washington JUST FOR THIS ONE VOTE.

Note that well for those of you that missed it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top