Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:05:17 PM EDT
The album The System Has Failed is pretty good.  I just got done listening to the whole thing.  If you liked the old stuff, you'll like this.  While not as aggressive, it seems more professional.  There are a couple of tunes that stand out, but on the whole, most are decent.  It's almost like a return to album rock, where all songs have some merit instead of being pure filler.

The vocals sound kind of underpowered, but that may be because I've got it playing on a computer without decent speakers.  The music is very good.  It's not blazingly fast, but it's still much faster than the stuff out now that passes as metal.  Good solos as well, after all this is Mustane.

Dave is back on track with this one.  A far superior 'comback' album than most aging metal gods have put out lately.  He's definately smoked Metallica this time.  One can now honestly say that the latest Megadeth release completely kicks the ass of the latest Metallica release.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Megadeth has been the most consistent metal band ever. Many many good CDs by these guys are in my collection.

Thanks for the review. I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Megadeth is just a wanna be Metallica.
J/K They have some pretty good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't listened to Mr. Mustaine recently, but I may have to give it a listen if you say it's good.  Love the old stuff.

You're right, I was very disappointed in the last Metallica album.  WTF was wrong with Bob Rock that time?  I only listened to it about 3 times.

Heard NIN has a new one out in Jan sometime...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top