Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:18:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
This means that they have a huge inventory, and that they never sold LEO only...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Midway or Brownell's?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I send them an email regarding the purchase of a no-ban upper and got this reply:

"Dear Valued MidwayUSA Customer,

Thank you for your recent email inquiry.  At this time we do not carry any pre-ban uppers for an AR-15 with bayonet lug and flash hider. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. These have been illegal to manufacture since the ban was put in effect in 1994. Now that the ban has been lifted, we expect to see production of these items begin, however, they will probably not be available for at least several months up to a year.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA
Customer Service Associate"

Sucks because their dealer discount is very good on DPMS uppers.

Your title is misleading. I dont see what the problem is. They want to exhaust existing stock is all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the confusion.

Which company do you mean and they did not say they won't sell those uppers. They say they don't have any at this time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
um... midway is just a distributer right?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Need to get it right,Brownells has "no ban " uppers and barrels. midway and Brownells are not the same!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]
So what are you trying to say?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF, OVER?    Midway USA and Brownells are serious competitors (even had some lawsuits back and forth over catalog design, IIRC).
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
So who finally won the catalog lawsuit anyway?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Why bother with those guys, when you can order one from our advertisers on this board like J&T Dist.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I send them an email regarding the purchase of a no-ban upper and got this reply:

Thank you for your recent email inquiry.  At this time we do not carry any pre-ban uppers for an AR-15 with bayonet lug and flash hider. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. These have been illegal to manufacture since the ban was put in effect in 1994. Now that the ban has been lifted, we expect to see production of these items begin, however, they will probably not be available for at least several months up to a year.

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA

Your title is misleading. I dont see what the problem is. They want to exhaust existing stock is all.

Yes, and due to spply & demand, they will probably end up reducing the price to get rid of inventory few people want . . .
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I must concur. They are not refusing to sell them, just not doing so yet. That's a busines decision, not a political one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I coulda swore I already responded to this, is this a dupe topic cross posted in two different forums?

ETA
yes, yes it is.  That'st just plain shitty, posting misleading and incorrect information in two places on the same board.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=201888
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must concur. They are not refusing to sell them, just not doing so yet. That's a busines decision, not a political one.

Yep. I agree. Get rid of existing stock first, then order (ie: pay for) new inventory of "no-ban" uppers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds to me like they’re aren’t selling them since they don’t have any and don’t know when they will have them.

At least they’re not trying to sell you something they don’t have!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Aw, what the heck:

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Aw, what the heck:

You guys crack me up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I coulda swore I already responded to this, is this a dupe topic cross posted in two different forums?

ETA
yes, yes it is.  That'st just plain shitty, posting misleading and incorrect information in two places on the same board.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=201888

And in both threads, he has yet to respond to the error.  Fucking troll.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Much ado about nothing - it doesn't say they aren't going to sell them, just that they anticipate it will be a few months before things go through the pipeline, i.e. they get no-ban uppers and sell/clearance out their current inventory.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
ban that troll ass!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So who finally won the catalog lawsuit anyway?

The lawyers. Like you have to ask

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:02:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sincerely,

MidwayUSA

Yes, and due to spply & demand, they will probably end up reducing the price to get rid of inventory few people want . . .

Well I hope they decide to bargain basement them, hell I don't get my rocks off over lugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top