Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 4:16:34 PM EDT
Bullet-riddled rifle ban explained

Bullet-riddled rifle ban explained

Peter Aleshire
Sept. 16, 2004 01:51 PM

I finally figured out why President Bush and the Republican Congress let the ban on assault weapons expire.

Initially, I thought Bush was just so afraid of the foam-at-the-mouth National Rifle Association that he was willing disagree with two thirds of the voters and flip-flop on his four-year-old campaign promise.

But then I read about the federal court case in New York that established that Osama bin Laden's boys bought 50 sniper rifles in the U.S. and shipped them to Afghanistan right before the U.S. invasion. Snipers can down helicopters and kill you at a range of half a mile with these .50 caliber rifles, which aren't included in the assault weapon ban.

So, obviously, Bush let the loophole-ridden assault weapon ban expire so he can quickly introduce a meaningful ban on the weapons terrorists, gang members, drug smugglers and general all purpose nut-cases could use to spread terror and mow down cops. Granted, the now dead ban did prevent the nutcases from buying 30-clip magazines, but left most of the most deadly weapons freely available. Clearly, we needed tough restrictions in these terrorist-tainted times.

I feel so bad for having doubted the President.

So expect that meaningful crackdown to protect American this week.

Next week at the latest.

Right?

George?

Are you there?

No email address given.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
He needs his wee wee wrapped in tannerite...or fire ants?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
30-clip magazines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh god, where to begin.  I'm surprised he did't even mention all the "Thrusts per squeese" us citizens crimminals have now.

ETA: Time to politely let the Editor know how joe citizen feels.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
so?  This still doesn't change the fact that hes a second-rate liberal writer in a no-name newspaper.  He probably had an accident as a young child too and is bitter over the loss of his testicles...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top