Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 11:49:36 AM EDT
This episode had a woman who got raped and they couldn't find the rapist. She knew she was in trouble and would be killed if she couldn't protect herself. She wanted to buy a gun.  She couldn't believe there was a three day waiting period. So as she goes about the city trying to buy a gun, she gets kidnapped, raped again and killed.   I wonder if there was an inner message to this episode..  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Guns are bad?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This episode had a woman who got raped and they couldn't find the rapist. She knew she was in trouble and would be killed if she couldn't protect herself. She wanted to buy a gun.  She couldn't believe there was a three day waiting period. So as she goes about the city trying to buy a gun, she gets kidnapped, raped again and killed.   I wonder if there was an inner message to this episode..  Hmmm.

Don't wait until you need one to own one!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Roger that Dozer,

That's the only thing worse than having an unloaded gun, just plain not having one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Aw hell, can't you see that guns caused her to get raped again and killed!  If she didn't go out looking for one she would have been fine.  Guns are EVIL!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
CSI=crime scene idiots.  A fricking soap opera.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That is just a story. 2 things:
(1) The NRA has made commercial where there was an actual 911 call on a woman pleading for help because someone was banging on her door, the 911 oper be calm and that help was on the way. A few seconds later you heard a bang and then the phone line goes dead. The woman was killed. All of the networks refused to air the commercial claiming that it was too "inflammatory."

(2) During the '92 L.A riots people were lined up like 10 deep at the local Turner's to buy a gun, but were told by state law they must 15 days before you can take possesion to prevent people from buying a gun and murdering someone in a fit of rage etc. A common comment was that this unAmerican, and that I should be able to buy a gun anytime I want.

BTW: During the L.A. riots, many people who waited 15 days, and were scheduled to take possesion of their guns on the day of rioting, also could not take possesion of their guns either. I forget under what law the govt was authorized to do that, if they actually had any law authorized such action. Also stock up on ammo way ahead of time, This is for mostly Kali-fornians though, the city of L.A., and others have passed a law that they won't sell ammo the 5 preceding on Jan 1, and July 4. A word to the wise.

The moral of the story is to stock up well in advance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CSI=crime scene idiots.  A fricking soap opera.

Yes, that millions of sheep watch and believe as though it were the word of god.  It's scary really.

ETA: And we can use the help.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't really like the show but the wife watches it.  I was going through the living room as she was watching, the part with the "can I get a gun" conversation with the CSI lady.  I thought it was a pretty good message.  With the long list of shows I don not watch because of their anti gun/anti self defense message I was pleasantly suprised.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BigDozer66

+1

I really don't think they were trying to convey that if you're a female and you're going to buy a gun, you'll get raped.

If you're a female and you walk down a dark city alley alone at night, then you might get raped.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Was it Vegas or Miami?  

Anyway don't most state's ccw laws include a provision for the county sheriff/CLEO to over ride background checks?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

Amen
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#15]
The seven P's

Proper
Previous
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Aw hell, can't you see that guns caused her to get raped again and killed!  If she didn't go out looking for one she would have been fine.  Guns are EVIL!

That's right! Had she stayed at home and called 911 like a good little sheep she would still be alive and safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#17]
You never need a gun until you need a gun, and then you need a gun more than anything else in the world.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
The real message that CSI has sent out is that LE agencies have wonderful crime labs and can solve every damn crime!! I say this because now when someone gets their stereo jacked from their car they expect a full DNA swab of the crime scene If sheeple knew how expensive those tests are
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yes there was - it is you should have a gun before you really need it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1    bad juju......and that goes for everone that's knows you or has met you or e-mailed you.

Watched "Blink" last night on HDTV (with Aidan Quinn and a Madeline Stowe) where a semi-blind chick was being stalked by a killer/rapist.  She ends up shooting him with a nice revolver....a happy ending as they say in the massage trade.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You never need a gun until you need a gun, and then you need a gun more than anything else in the world.

LOL – "It may be a 'nothing' part until you don't have one, and then it appears to be everything..."
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

I believe he got it.  Ding! Ding! Ding!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#23]
When does the new season os CSI some on?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually in Florida there a specific exemption for that very reason, all she would have to do is file the rape report and tell them she would like to purchase a handgun that day and the police would have to let her.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the show but it's total BS
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#27]
CSI sucks, seriously study forensics and you'll learn its a whole lot more then spraying luminal all over the place.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Was it Vegas or Miami?  

Anyway don't most state's ccw laws include a provision for the county sheriff/CLEO to over ride background checks?

This is HOLLYWOOD USA, where handguns are legal in Chicago, and you have to 'register' guns in NV and FLA...

That is the biggest goofup of all: CSI shows checking that people 'registered' guns in states that do not have gun registration, simply because all non gun owners assume there is such a thing all across the country...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:46:54 AM EDT
[#29]
ONLY the city of Las Vegas proper (smaller than you think) requires a 3-day "cooling off period" if you don't already own a handgun. if you shop outside of the city limits, than it's just a NICS check... typicly takes 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#30]
There are states other than California that still HAVE waiting periods?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
There are states other than California that still HAVE waiting periods?

it's not a state thing, just a city thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Whaddaya mean there's a 3-day waiting period???  I'm angry NOW!!!

Seriously, though...back when I lived in Woodbridge, VA, where there is no waiting period (instant check), a woman was being stalked by her ex-boyfriend...he broke into her apartment armed with a bayonet, intent on stabbing her to death, but she pulled out a .38 revolver she had purchased JUST THE DAY BEFORE and shot and killed the bastard...if there had been a waiting period, she'd almost surely be dead.  WAITING PERIODS KILL!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I caught parts of the CSI marathon that was on Spike TV recently.

The show uses basically the same plotline for every show:

Murder committed
CSI technicians respond and begin spraying Luminol everywhere and picking up 'dust footprints' with electrified window tint
CSI technicians begin formulating half-assed hypotheses
CSI technicians confront subject of said half-assed hypotheses, usually pressuring/threatening them to submit to searches, DNA tests, etc, usually saying something like, "If you have nothing to hide you should do it! What? Are ya guilty?"
CSI technicians get more evidence in, realize their hypotheses were half-assed
CSI finds real killer, with no shame in having harassed an innocent person due to their half-assed hypotheses.

Seriously, would these people really have us believe that crime scene technicians would actually interrogate suspects, etc? Puhleeze.

Oh yeah, and Marg Helgenberger is a total MILF!  

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:15:56 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, and Marg Helgenberger is a total MILF!  

NO argument there!!!

the brunette on CSI is also hot, and so was "Madam Heather" (tink that's the right name) who's been in two episodes... OTOH, the blonde "balistics expert" on CSI: Miami is a twit... but a hot twit with a sexy voice!... and the Latina detective on Miami is smooookin!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top