Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:46:30 AM EDT
www.cnsnews.com

John Kerry has just admitted in an interview in Outdoor Life that he owns a "Communist Chinese Assault Rife."

Can he do this legally? In what state can he keep it? Is it an AK or an SKS?

He just voted that we can not own them, then why should he?

Can we raise a stink about this to get this investigated? Who should we contact?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Dupe #2
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:59:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]
JBT should go break down his door.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this story fake? Am I a dupe?????
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
He is rich and is important so he is allowed to have them, duh.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Silly he owned one before he did not own one.  This is John Kerry we are talking about.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Alot of truth in that statement,seem like the laws they create,only applies to folks like us.

TG
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:38:23 AM EDT
[#9]
He decided to own one before he decided against owning one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually, Kerry doesn't own it;  his family owns the weapon.  It isn't kept in his SUV; the family owns the SUV.  He voted in favor of issuing the import permit; but he didn't think it would have to be used.  He shoots it to make sure it won't malfunction;  however, he is against gun ranges because of the pollution.  He had some targets printed up.  They show a human figure running away with a bullseye on the back.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Actually, Kerry doesn't own it;  his family owns the weapon.  It isn't kept in his SUV; the family owns the SUV.  He voted in favor of issuing the import permit; but he didn't think it would have to be used.  He shoots it to make sure it won't malfunction;  however, he is against gun ranges because of the pollution.  He had some targets printed up.  They show a human figure running away with a bullseye on the back.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
JBT should go break down his door.

And burn down his house(s)......
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Mahatma, you got a way with the keyboard.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, and next he will say he owned an RPG-7. I even saw a picture of him holding it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Kerry Questioned About His 'Chinese Assault Rifle'
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
September 17, 2004

CNSNews.com) - Does Sen. John F. Kerry really own a "Communist Chinese assault rifle," as he suggested in an interview in the latest edition of Outdoor Life magazine?

The Second Amendment Foundation says if the senator does own such a rifle, it wants to know where Kerry keeps it, if it is legally registered, and how he got it into the United States.

"Senator Kerry's own words once again trip him up in an apparent hypocrisy," SAF Founder Alan Gottlieb said in a press release.

"Responding to a question from Outdoor Life about whether he is a gun owner, and if so, what's his favorite gun, Kerry strongly intimates he has an assault rifle, which is illegal to own both in Massachusetts and Washington, D.C."

The Kerry quote appears on Page 82 of the October issue of Outdoor Life. He told the magazine, "My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam. I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle."

Gottlieb called it another example of Kerry running on his Vietnam service history: "Now he's talking as if he's got an assault rifle stashed somewhere, while he's been railing against their ownership by other law-abiding American citizens," Gottlieb added.

Kerry supported an extension of the so-called assault weapons ban, which expired on Monday. Last week, at a campaign stop in St. Louis, he said, "As a hunter, I have never ever thought about going hunting with an AK-47 or an Uzi or anything else."

"Senator Kerry, where's the rifle?" Gottlieb asked. "In which one of your mansions are you hiding that gun? Why should it be okay for you to have a Communist Chinese assault rifle when you think nobody else should have one? And if you don't have one, why would you intimate to Outdoor Life that you do?"

Kerry has made it a point to appeal to gun owners by staging a number of gun-friendly photo-ops on the campaign trail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Correct. Assault Rifles are acceptable for blue bloods and Senators (especially if they get to run for President). But in the hands of common folk, like all of us, they are dangerous weapons of war.

You should all know this by now. Kerry is a man of the people, because he is better than us and he knows what is and is not good for us.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top