Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 4:26:28 AM EDT
for another forum! Why would I ever leave here?

Farewell Address

In the events of the last few weeks there have been many people that support occasional politics on this forum and also some people who don’t like politics on the forum at all. My original avatar was taken off and replaced by another one which honored Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. Immediately people started complaining about this. The thing I don’t understand is why someone could have a problem with this avatar considering all of the things that he did for the United States and the whole World. One of his elections, 1984 I believe, there were about 489 electoral votes for Reagan and 49 against him. Now when I post on a thread I get bombarded by people saying that my avatar is provocative. I guess I would understand more if these people lived in the United States. These people don’t even live in our country and for the people that do, you must live a lonely life by never going outside and watch TV. I just don’t understand it. I then got a message that another member had a picture of President Bush that was turned around. I contacted the moderators and they took care of it. It has been a day and a half and he hasn’t logged in. If that is the case you can go and do it for them.

I understand that after this message I will be banned and that is to bad that since this a nice forum with mostly nice people, but every time I post, avatar or not, that is what people will think of me and will probably pass my message up. If I don’t get banned I will keep posting and promoting this forum to anyone that asks for a good place. Thank you for reading this and I await your decision.

Thank you.
God Bless America.

So, How did I do?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
A little much, considering I beleive the mods on that forum were genuinely interested in keeping politics out of their discussions and just centering on their common interest.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Just be glad you're not me. Let it go.

AB
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to hang out on a rimfire board that fits the description.

Lots of good, knowledgeable people. But no politics. Don't want to offend anyone. Because "we have liberals here who shoot, too."

But what drove me away was they wouldn't even let NYPatriot post his "End the AWS ban list of who to write too" or whatever it was titled thread. It was posted somewhere in most every other firearms board. But it was too "controversial" to post there.

I got feed up at that point and just left.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I got banned!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But what drove me away was they wouldn't even let NYPatriot post his "End the AWS ban list of who to write too" or whatever it was titled thread. It was posted somewhere in most every other firearms board. But it was too "controversial" to post there.

I got feed up at that point and just left.

A firearm board that wouldn't allow discussion of the AWB? That's just Stupid.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Ain't it though?

And that's why I quite going there.

I guess they figured their precious little .22's wouldn't be targeted. Problem with that is the anti's don't care what kind of gun it is. They hate them all - equally.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
-1 for censorship.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top