Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:25:09 AM EDT
And is it worth it?  I'm am thinking of putting alittle bit of money $1000 -$2000 into stocks and would this be the best way to do it?  Or would it be better going to a real live office and actually talking to a stockbroker?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#1]
scottrade. $7.00 trades and no inactivity fees
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
No.  My dad works for Morgan Stanley.   I have yet to see someone actually make money by trading online.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No.  My dad works for Morgan Stanley.   I have yet to see someone actually make money by trading online.

I've done well, although recently took one hell of an asskicking.

Anyways, to the OP I would recommend Scottrade. Lowest minimum to open an account (500) out of any I've seen, no minimum balance after that (Which means if you lose it you dont have to re-up to 500) lowest trade fee (7 bucks pertrade) and alot of local offices.

Scottrade was the best for me due to low account minimum and low trade fees and having an office just down the road a ways.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And is it worth it?  I'm am thinking of putting alittle bit of money $1000 -$2000 into stocks and would this be the best way to do it?  Or would it be better going to a real live office and actually talking to a stockbroker?

You would be better served by looking at something like Buy&Hold

You will set up an intial account, then you can dollar cost average every month, buy as low as $5.00 every two weeks or so.  Fees are reasoanable and it saves you from churning your account at your brokers whim.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used Buy & Hold also.  Worked well for me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hi I'm Otar

I'm at 16.04%ROI  Dogs included.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
scottrade. $7.00 trades and no inactivity fees

You sound like the commercial.

I just use the one tied to my Wells Fargo bank account,  I don't day trade though...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I made over $3000 in over an hour on COVAD dsl stock.  I bought it on my way out to lunch.  Came back and saw the spread and sold that shit. Still my favority trading story.  And I'm not a day trader!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I just buy and hold (until I go gun shopping)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi I'm Otar

I'm at 16.04%ROI  Dogs included.

Just under 30% here.
NENEER NENEER!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's just your typical broker nonsense.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top