Posted: 9/16/2004 5:27:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It was't a dog driving the car was it?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
We just had a thread about a dog driving off with a car while his owner was watchin hockey.  May have been that doggie!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
You'd go insane driving in Houston.  I used to drive from Dallas to Houston for TXANG weekends and nearly went insane each trip.  Thank god I don't live down there - I-45 is stress in action.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
People in Vegas don't think it is a good idea to use turn signals. Very annoying.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Kinda like the speeding and moronic old fart that swerved into my lane at about 3 feet in front of me from the right lane to avoid stopping/slowing down because the car in front of him was making a right hand turn. He was weaving in and out of traffic. I'd heard people honking at him from behind before he caught up with nearly hit me. He was one of those people that weave in and out of traffic changing lanes every 5 seconds to get ahead by one car length by cutting in front of you without warning and a blinker. . These people piss me off to no end.

Then there are the people who fly on ahead in the right lane that ends right after the freeway overpass I cross every morning. They KNOW the lane is ending, and yet they accelerate to get ahead of everybody else (since there are very few cars in the right/ending lane because most people are not assholes and are smart) and force people in the adjacent lane to let them merge, slowing down EVERYBODY in the adjacent lane! Then it carries over to the lane adjacent to that one as people try and get out of the way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
People in Vegas don't think it is a good idea to use turn signals. Very annoying.

Same goes for Tampa...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Simple answer?

Many people simply think that they exist alone in the Universe and that nothing they do has any effect on anyone else.

They live their entire lives inside a "Reality Distortion Field" and that, coupled with their SEP (Somebody Else's Problem field) means they can pretty much do whatever they damn well please, whenever they damn well please.

Our world has been altered in the past 50 years to go out of its way to protect and nuture people like that.  OTOH people like ourselves (you know, aware, self-reliant, taking responsiblity for what we do) are considered to be "weird" and "strange" and "anachronisms from a bygone era".

I hate it more than I can even begin to express.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought this was about the Knucklehead that got his gray matter realigned after he attacked a dude with a golf club!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You'd go insane driving in Houston.  I used to drive from Dallas to Houston for TXANG weekends and nearly went insane each trip.  Thank god I don't live down there - I-45 is stress in action.

Likely.  I hate anyplace where there is traffic that I have to slow or stop for.
Give me WAY out in the country any day.

Where in Houston did it happen DoubleFeed.

On the I-10east to I-45south  interchange, I want to propose that there be spikes put on the end of the ramp where people like to cut into traffic. There's a large area where they can actually stop and get into the gaps.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Never understood this.  You paid for them, you might as well use them.

Here in the DC area, turn signals are to tell people what you have done, not what you are about to do.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm old enough where I'm done feigning surprise at the idiocy of other drivers' actions.

Leave a safe buffer, arrive five minutes late but alive IMO. I used to get burned up at hitting red lights but I hit so many now (45 on the way to work) that I don't care anymore.

I'll save enough money on trans and brake wear by driving sensibly than I'll lose on any time missed at work.

The only thing that pisses me off about southern drivers is the inability to understand that if everyone merges according to the two-step (left-right left-right) it'll move a lot faster than the zero-sum game most drivers play of trying edge each other out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I've always assumed that they've never had brains to begin with.  That way it's up there with death, taxes, and the sun rising in the east.  When they do something right...well it just makes my day.

And that don't happen very often.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate all of the above too. The worst intersection near me is the one in front of Six Flags. I understand out-of-towners/tired/talking/all that stuff, but there's signs tellin' ya where to go. Not to mention, when you see there's two left turn lanes, if you know you'll be turning right onto the highway don't get in the left lane.

Another winner I saw today;
 On 44 Westbound, 3 lanes wide, I'm in the center lane approaching a semi starting to go uphill. The right lane is blocked by a biker pacing the rear end of the trailer. Left lane traffic was moving faster, as it should be, and once it cleared I got over into the left lane so I wouldn't get stuck behind the truck. As I moved over I saw a pickup come up the right lane pretty quick, trying to get past slower traffic. As he approached and spotted the bike, he started over my way. I backed off and let him through. He took off to pass the truck, and the biker sees this and gets on the gas. The pickup passes the semi, then starts heading back for the right lane to get off at the next exit. Meanwhile biker tries to cut him off, and almost gets to eat pickup bumper at about 75mph. Then backs off again, dropping to about 65mph. (The speed limit in that area).

Notice to stupid people: If you drive slowly, maintain that speed when people start to pass you.
It's not a race, and you may just live longer.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#18]
My particular gripe right now is when I'm stuck behind somebody driving 5-15 mph BELOW the speed limit and then they blast through a just-turned-red stoplight like they are in a hurry.   Of course, I'm now stuck at the light but at least I'm the first car in traffic when the light changes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top