Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 4:24:08 PM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132388,00.html

Putin's Talking Tough

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

By John Gibson

Just for laughs I clicked on a story in the Financial Times of London about a member of the European Parliament saying the Euros have to develop some mettle to stand up to not Usama, or Saddam... but to the United States and Russia.

I am telling you this because every so often you need to be reminded how far out in the ozone our so-called friends in Europe really are.

So get this, after the Beslan (search) school terror in Russia, Vladimir Putin (search) said Russia will go anywhere on the planet to hunt down terrorists. Sound familiar? Yes, much like George w. Bush.

Americans shrugged: “Go ahead. They’re just terrorists we don't have to hunt down ourselves.” But the Euros are stepping up the hysteria about to go crazy a second time.  It’s bad enough there's an outrageous, outlandish and illegal war from the Americans — that would be Iraq — but now we have Russia threatening to do the same thing?

Mais oui, cried the Euros. We have to stand up to both the U.S. and Russia.

Now, this is the European Union (search) with no army, no military that matters at all, telling both former rival superpowers that we're not going to take it and you guys with your big military establishments better pay attention.

The Euros have been telling us for three years that our War on Terror doesn't meet with their approval and they are going to keep telling us how bad we are until we cave in and elect someone European to run our national affairs.

Well, now they're telling the Russians the same thing.

They’re threatening the Russians with diplomats and pronouncements and condemnation — maybe even marching in the streets by thousands, or hundreds of thousands comfy Euros who live such a soft and luxurious life they can't imagine defending themselves.

And if Putin decides he has to chase terrorists to their bases in France, do you think the U.S. is going to tell him to back off?

We shall see.

That's My Word.

"We have to stand up to both the U.S. and Russia."

Thats just too damn funny !!
So they are gonna stand up to US and Russia huh....
The whiny euro pussies are frightened !!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
EU has no teeth just like the UN.

They can bluster and whine all they want.  If push comes to shove all this "We are One World 'Kumbaya'" shit is going to implode when people re-discover that national interests come first, despite what the pols and bureaucrats in Brussels are pushing.

The "Oh, you're from Europe?  Which part?  The one whose asses we kicked or the ones whose asses we saved?" is going to be true ONCE AGAIN
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
GO PUTIN...IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132388,00.html

Putin's Talking Tough

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

By John Gibson

Just for laughs I clicked on a story in the Financial Times of London about a member of the European Parliament saying the Euros have to develop some mettle to stand up to not Usama, or Saddam... but to the United States and Russia.

I am telling you this because every so often you need to be reminded how far out in the ozone our so-called friends in Europe really are.

So get this, after the Beslan (search) school terror in Russia, Vladimir Putin (search) said Russia will go anywhere on the planet to hunt down terrorists. Sound familiar? Yes, much like George w. Bush.

Americans shrugged: “Go ahead. They’re just terrorists we don't have to hunt down ourselves.” But the Euros are stepping up the hysteria about to go crazy a second time.  It’s bad enough there's an outrageous, outlandish and illegal war from the Americans — that would be Iraq — but now we have Russia threatening to do the same thing?

Mais oui, cried the Euros. We have to stand up to both the U.S. and Russia.

Now, this is the European Union (search) with no army, no military that matters at all, telling both former rival superpowers that we're not going to take it and you guys with your big military establishments better pay attention.

The Euros have been telling us for three years that our War on Terror doesn't meet with their approval and they are going to keep telling us how bad we are until we cave in and elect someone European to run our national affairs.

Well, now they're telling the Russians the same thing.

They’re threatening the Russians with diplomats and pronouncements and condemnation — maybe even marching in the streets by thousands, or hundreds of thousands comfy Euros who live such a soft and luxurious life they can't imagine defending themselves.

And if Putin decides he has to chase terrorists to their bases in France, do you think the U.S. is going to tell him to back off?

We shall see.

That's My Word.

"We have to stand up to both the U.S. and Russia."

Thats just too damn funny !!
So they are gonna stand up to US and Russia huh....
The whiny euro pussies are frightened !!

The part I put in red above.

If Kerry is elected president I can tell you that's exactly what he would do. Try and make Russia back off.

I just can't believe how stupid some people in this world are. Bad guys kill a bunch of innocent Russian children in a school and somehow it's the RUSSIANS that are the bad guys for wanting justice
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
so....is the eu planning on fighting us in the future? seriously. these guys are some ungrateful wackos. it is obvious that terrorism is a global problem, whether they want to admit it or not. so why their idiotic stances? weird. this world is going to be completely nuts in 15 years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully Russia will be willing to attack terrorist bases in france. As an unwritten rule of war france<spit> must be conquered. And I for one will just want to leave france<spit> to their fate out of principle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hopefully Russia will be willing to attack terrorist bases in france. As an unwritten rule of war france<spit> must be conquered. And I for one will just want to leave france<spit> to their fate out of principle.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the french and the rest of the eurinals should learn the Russian  phrase for "surrender"
" RUKI VERKH !"  translation...hands up!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The democraps like to say that  Bush is using 9/11 to become a dictator, which is not true. But Putin is using Belsan to become a dictator.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GO PUTIN...IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY...

heheheeheh
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
wait till it happens in their country and see how they act
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Hopefully Russia will be willing to attack terrorist bases in france.

Why not. It's not like the French will fight back.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The europussies answer is to appease the muslim cockroaches.
They leave their shithole nations to infest other nations with the hope of turing them all to islam.
They're like a virus, a plague etc...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]
FUCK THE EU. They did not have hundreds of children murdered by terrorists. They were not the ones hit on 9-11-01. Again FUCK THE EU.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The democraps like to say that  Bush is using 9/11 to become a dictator, which is not true. But Putin is using Belsan to become a dictator.

Very true.  That KGB mofo needs to be watched like a hawk.  We do not need a more despotic Russia.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
wait till it happens in their country and see how they act

It already did, and we already saw what happenned.

Spain folded like a wet newspaper.

Pussies.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
All I can say is "Good hunting Mr. Putin."
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope he does. This way I don't have to worry about another clinton being in office every four years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Christ, there isnt one single country in Europe that has "tried" to stand up and been run over before. The US and Russia are the only two countries in the hunt who have strength or ever did.

Mange mon sac.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Russia is probably the only country that gives less of a shit about the EU than we do.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#20]
We should ally up with Russia and take over Europe.  We'll take the west and they can have the east again, and all will be well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top