Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 3:52:09 PM EDT
I am new to AR's and want to buy one, but don't know what to do.  Is it better to buy the upper and lower seperatly?  I am working on a budget, but don't want a hunk of junk either.  From what little I've read, I think that I want to stay away from Olympic's
Any suggestions???
I'm looking for something that is reasonably priced of course.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy one that goes bang
If your into tinkering buy the parts.  If you just want the gun, buy whatever one you fall in love with at the fun shop!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster used from AR member $1000
Bushmaster new from bushmaster $1500
Build your own, save $300 - $500 take a couple months to learn
Avoid Olympic
Read the posts if you want to learn the fine points and save some money.
Spend some good money, buy some ammo, go shoot and have fun instead of learning and reading the posts.

I had a great friend get me into the black gun, learned a lot from him, saved money and time.

Never thought I would have one, but not only are they fun, they are very practical for home self defense and more importantly piece of mind. You can protect yourself with other weapons, but with an AR, you can protect yourself, your family and your neighborhood. And you know you can do it without a doubt with the AR. With the others, you think you can.

DMOS

Enjoy
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
if complete one: bushmaster
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for Bushy if complete.
Rock River's are great also...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Olympic is famous for their accurate barrels. Olympic has a LIFETIME WARRANTY .  Olympic is a shooters AR not a collector's AR.  Colt makes a good product BUT it boils down to the person behind the trigger NOT the name on the receiver ................and yes  that's my story and I am sticking to it !                             JC
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the AR15 forum - click on that button on the top of the screen.  Every section of know how is there.

Good luck.  You came to the right place to ask questions.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster and ArmaLite make excellent complete rifles.

If you like to tinker consider rolling your own.  See the Build It Yourself forum at www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=4
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
you can get a tight new bushmaster ar-15 in all it's glory for less than $800. like a lot if guys around here, i feel they're the most dedicated to The Cause so they will be the supplier of my second ar. rock river is nice, too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
First, click here......and don't come back until you've read everything. A quiz will be given.

Gonzogun, just click on the red link.  (sorry, I missed that.)  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I vote for Bushmaster also. You won't be sorry. I say buy a complete rifle first, then think about a custom build for your second one (yes you will want another).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top