Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:33:04 PM EDT
www.bradycampaign.com

Dear President Bush:

I cannot begin to express my disappointment in your decision to let the Assault Weapons Ban expire yesterday.

Four years ago you said you supported renewal of the assault weapons ban, though you made it clear that you were generally opposed to reasonable gun violence prevention laws. I was very happy to hear you say it then, because it was a sensible position, and one long supported by such conservative leaders as Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater. As a lifelong Republican, it gave me hope that my party would move away from a knee-jerk tendency to oppose whatever the gun lobby said Republicans should oppose.

Now, these guns, designed by military scientists to inflict the maximum level of damage to human beings, are back on our streets.

You have broken your promise to the American people and you should be ashamed. Jim and I loved Ronald Reagan, and one of the main reasons we loved him was that he was always, always, true to his word.

This law worked, and it saved lives. It saved the lives of police officers and children. You cast your support aside for a political endorsement. We all pay prices in life for our actions. I hope the American people will make you pay a price for this decision.

In your current campaign, you are pledging to keep America safe. But your conscious decision to let this ban expire has placed us all in jeopardy.

The expiration of this law is temporary. It will be renewed: It is only a matter of how long it will take to renew it. There is still time for you to show leadership, do the right thing, and restore this law. But know that Jim and I will continue our efforts to restore the ban, with or without your help. And we will succeed. Lives are hanging in the balance.

Mr. President, step forward and do the right thing.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could be as disillusioned as these anti gun nuts. At the least I'd save myself alot of money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to wonder if the man really cares what she thinks??

I sure hope not.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF is she smoking? Im mean really. Cause I want some.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, if Kerry gets elected God help us. The only thing that would save us from daconian gun llaws would be if his presidency did not run full term.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
One day america will break. its only a matter of time. If we dont break then we will blow apart very violently.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF is a military scientist doing designing weapons?  Shouldn't that be left to physicists and mathematicians - and brave gunsmiths?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's gotta be primo shit!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
This law worked, and it saved lives.

Not according to the VPC.  They stated it didn't work because it was easy to circumvent.

Damn I bet he lost her vote.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's send her a case of smokes...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's gotta be primo shit!!!!

Amazingly, she does smoke even after treatment for lung cancer (Drs gave her only a small chance of survival). She does not seem to be a person who can accept individual responsibility. Thus she entered the anti-gun crusade because of John Hinckley Jr. (and a friend of hers who left a gun where a six year old could get at it). It would appear that she doesn't blame Hinckley, the friend, or herself for anything....
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.bradycampaign.com

Dear President Bush:

I cannot begin to express my disappointment in your decision to let the Assault Weapons Ban expire yesterday.

Four years ago you said you supported renewal of the assault weapons ban, though you made it clear that you were generally opposed to reasonable gun violence prevention laws. I was very happy to hear you say it then, because it was a sensible position, and one long supported by such conservative leaders as Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater. As a lifelong Republican, it gave me hope that my party would move away from a knee-jerk tendency to oppose whatever the gun lobby said Republicans should oppose.

Now, these guns, designed by military scientists to inflict the maximum level of damage to human beings, are back on our streets.

You have broken your promise to the American people and you should be ashamed. Jim and I loved Ronald Reagan, and one of the main reasons we loved him was that he was always, always, true to his word.

This law worked, and it saved lives. It saved the lives of police officers and children. You cast your support aside for a political endorsement. We all pay prices in life for our actions. I hope the American people will make you pay a price for this decision.

In your current campaign, you are pledging to keep America safe. But your conscious decision to let this ban expire has placed us all in jeopardy.

The expiration of this law is temporary. It will be renewed: It is only a matter of how long it will take to renew it. There is still time for you to show leadership, do the right thing, and restore this law. But know that Jim and I will continue our efforts to restore the ban, with or without your help. And we will succeed. Lives are hanging in the balance.

Mr. President, step forward and do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Don't they have anything better to do, if people in this country would do their job and enforce the laws on the books, keep criminals behind bars where they belong then this wouldn't even be an issue. I think they let the criminals out  just so they can take away the rights of law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Open mouth, insert sock, roughly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I cut her a little slack because she's a dumb shit. But I heard a cop on the news yesterday going on about how now that AK47's are allowed on the street again (sic) his life is more at risk.

He said its because the assault rifles now allowed can penetrate bullet proof vests.

He showed one they had found in an alley after a bunch of gang bangers got scared and ran, obviously dropping their AK right where the cops could find it.

When will the 'good' cops, the honest cops, the cops who don't lie, stand up and tell the truth about assault rifles, semi-automatic rifles and the true statistics about rifles used by gangs and criminals against cops and children.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Worst case scenario:

Kerry gets in AND Brady dies shortly after that.  I can hear the bill now "The Sarah Brady Assault Weapons Reduction Act" being introduced and the rush to "Honor this great woman who has sacrificed so much for this nation".

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My letter to Sarah Brady:

LICK MY LOVE PUMP, BITCH!

Sincerely yours,

Zaphod
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top