Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 12:11:00 PM EDT
This has to be the understatement of the year.  

story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=583&e=3&u=/nm/20040916/od_nm/people_roy_tiger_dc

Magician Says Tiger Bite Was Bid to Help Him

BERLIN (Reuters) - A Las Vegas-based magician who was mauled and dragged from the stage by his white tiger during a show last October said in an interview to be aired Thursday that the animal was actually trying to help him.

Speaking to German broadcaster RTL, German-born Roy Horn said the tiger, called "Montecore," was trying to stop him from falling over on stage after he suffered a dizzy spell.

"It was an accident. Montecore understood the signals and wanted to save me," the illusionist-animal trainer said, adding: "It was unfortunate that his teeth hit my carotid artery."  

Horn, who performed glitzy shows with white tigers and his partner Siegfried Fischbacher, insisted Montecore not be destroyed and has already visited the animal since his release from hospital just before Christmas.

Horn was clinically dead for about a minute and told RTL about the experience: "I saw flashing bright lights and my mother. My beloved animals were lying at her feet."

He had a simple explanation for his brush with death on his 59th birthday: "I was not allowed to die just yet, because my wings for being an angel were not quite ready."

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
DUPE.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
understatement indeed but somehow not grin-inducing in any way, shape or form
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
is there really anything that funny about the incident??
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You can take the cat out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the cat.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
GOOD KITTY!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top