Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 10:40:00 AM EDT
I just saw that Counter Strike is now available for XBOX. I've heard people talk this game up for a long time, but I've never played it. How does it compare to the Rainbow Six games? Worth actually buying? I don't use XBOX live, so that isn't a factor here....just late night amusement.

I also just finished Full Spectrum Warrior, which I thought was a LOT of fun. A little short, but still worth buying for sure. Something nice about ambushing Islamic fanatics will get my vote every time.

What are your favorite XBOX war games? Why?

Last thing...any GOOD combat flight sims for XBOX? Never have seen one...but would love to.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont like it,  why i dont know just dont,  some of the games i do like are rainbow six, ghost recon, full spectrum warrion, shadow ops, red mercury,

well have fun
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive never played x-box games i play alota Socom Navy SEALS. I plan on getting HALO @ when it comes out i hear that shit is crazy
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Counter strike for Xbox sucks. Ghost Recon is good, so is Rainbow. Full spectrum warrior is also good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have played Rainbox Six and Full Spectrum Warrior, and are looking for more of the same, then you will NOT be impressed with Counter Strike.

It's basicly just about 20 people squaring off on a small map with little to know tactics shooting at each other.  It was fun when it was the newest thing and nobody else made a game like it, but now it's got nothing on the competition.

Hell, HALO is better.

The only good think I can say about XBOX Counterstrike is that you can't cheat and hack like you can the PC version.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
get Halo!  Every XBox owner should have at least one copy.  Personally, I have it for XBox and PC.

Never liked counterstrike.  I played it online some and I didn't really like it.  Wasn't much fun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]
HALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You also have to get Steel Battalion. It is a kick ass mech simulator. Stay away from mechassault cause it sucks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Steelbattalion...if you can find it for less than $150.  They really didn't make enough copies of that game.

SB2 is supposed to be released more widely.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone play Navy Seals SOCOM 2 online on Playstation 2?? It is pretty cool. Several friends and I get on and play quite a bit. If any of you are interested, maybe we could arrange it so they we could all play together sometime.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone play Navy Seals SOCOM 2 online on Playstation 2?? It is pretty cool. Several friends and I get on and play quite a bit. If any of you are interested, maybe we could arrange it so they we could all play together sometime.

im on all the time. I was thinking about getting AR-15 group going if anyone is interested lemme know i started a clan not to long ago
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#11]
there's a new vietnam-era game coming out, looks pretty tight. i forgot the name of the title, but it had 1967 in it. probably the spawn of all this swiftboat/nam talk, so it might be a rushed pos, who knows.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just saw that Counter Strike is now available for XBOX. I've heard people talk this game up for a long time, but I've never played it. How does it compare to the Rainbow Six games? Worth actually buying? I don't use XBOX live, so that isn't a factor here....just late night amusement.

I also just finished Full Spectrum Warrior, which I thought was a LOT of fun. A little short, but still worth buying for sure. Something nice about ambushing Islamic fanatics will get my vote every time.

What are your favorite XBOX war games? Why?

Last thing...any GOOD combat flight sims for XBOX? Never have seen one...but would love to.

Thanks.

Counter Strike doesn't compare to Rainbow Six games.  RS is a simulation while CS is an all realism out the door shooter.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#13]
HALO!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how many of the "all realism" ninjas on this thread are real "operators"?

I love Counterstrike, and I haven't even played online yet.  Rainbow 6 and all those other ninja games are BORING.   If I wanted fun like that I'd get a 18 sided die and find myself a dungeon master. [yawn]

Counterstrike is fast paced and fun.  It's not trying to be a ninja game, it's trying to be fun.  I never was really interested in Xbox live, but based solely on this game I'm looking into getting it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#15]
HALO!!!
On November 9th...It Will Come
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Check out FarCry for the PC.  Blows them all away.  If not, I choose Ghost Recon for Xbox
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up "Full Spectrum Warrior" and "Freedom Fighters" for my Xbox recently. Both excellent games.

Work requires me to travel quite a bit so I have a spare Xbox for use on the road (it was a lot cheaper than a laptop).

Freedom Fighters was a pretty damn cool game for being a $19 Wonder. Kind of an alternate timeline thing...a "What if the Soviets had won the Cold War" type deal. Russkies eventually invade New York and it goes downhill from there. Very cool.

They also have it available on PC for about $10 or so at most box stores.

Unless I'm out of town I hardly ever play video games. However, both of these games (along with the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Double Pack) have managed to hold my interest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top