Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 9:27:28 AM EDT
I am wondering how long we are gaurenteed to have our freedom on the federal level. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If Kerry wins about 5 months.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It depends on who is controlling the Senate and especially the House.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Congress will be back in session on Monday. They are supposed to adjourn on October 1.

There are NO, repeat No, Assault Weapon Bills out of committee in either house.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
You're in PA? You should be more worried about the state AWB this term than a Federal AWB!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You're in PA? You should be more worried about the state AWB this term than a Federal AWB!

Everyone should be far more worried about local and state efforts than a new federal ban.

Considering we have not seen ANY serious anti-gun efforts from Washington in over 10 years, it is foolish to be looking for one now.  State and local is the battlefield is now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yup, wrote to the head of the Judiciary Committe, and my state Senator. This bill is DOA.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone should be far more worried about local and state efforts than a new federal ban.

Considering we have not seen ANY serious anti-gun efforts from Washington in over 10 years, it is foolish to be looking for one now.  State and local is the battlefield is now.

I would count the "gun show loophole" and the federal support of antigun lawsuits as serious anti-gun efforts that occured within the last 10 years. All of which have stalled since Clinton has been out of office . . .
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Just wrote some letters today.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would count the "gun show loophole" and the federal support of antigun lawsuits as serious anti-gun efforts that occured within the last 10 years. All of which have stalled since Clinton has been out of office . . .

I referred to SERIOUS efforts.  Trying to tack on an ammendment that has no hope of passing as part of the underlying bill is not a serious effort.

Everything was stalled WHILE Clinton was in office as well.

...and federal support of antigun lawsuits as serious anti-gun efforts

This was anti-gun legislation?  I think not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top