Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 9:03:09 AM EDT
We Were Soldiers last night.

Even though it was cool the first couple times I heard it, this line really stuck out now.

At the end of the movie when are guys are about to charge the NVA, right before they move out Mel Gibson (Col. Hal Moore) says

FIX BAYONETS!

And cause the 94AWB is gone I got a real rush.

So although this is a few days late now let me say to all of AR15.com

FIX BAYONETS
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#1]
mines not broke.  But thanks anyway!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I love this movie, but there is one thing I noticed after the 5th time watching it (I know, I'm slow).

Near the beginning of the movie, when they are all training doing helicopter stuff (yeah, yeah, yeah, I wasn't in the army , don't know what these exercises are called), the soldiers are jumping from the choppers carrying M-16's.  Much later in the movie, about halfway through, the grizzled old Sgtar15 guy is complaing to Mel that they just got this new rifle called the M-16 and it's all plastic.  How could they have them earlier, then just get them in?  I guess just really bad editing.

eta:  sorry about the hijack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top