Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:34:15 AM EDT

NIELSEN numbers this week show Rather fading and trailing his rivals in every Top 10 city, other than San Francisco, with audience margins in some cities of more than 6 to 1 against CBS... MORE...

Drudge update

Drudge
Executives fear many voters inclined to vote for Bush are now switching off Rather.

"The audience appears to [be] polarized," a top CBS source said from LOS ANGELES on Thursday. "Rightly or wrongly, [BS mode] we're being perceived as 'anti-Bush,' which I do not think is fair to Dan, who is a fine journalist[/BS mode]... of course we do not like to see the ratings coming back the way they are this week."

In Philadelphia, the nation's #4 market, Rather pulled a 2.6 rating/5 share on Tuesday night against ABC's 13.3 rating/23 share and NBC's 4.0/7.

In Chicago, Rather hit a 2.3/5 to ABC's 9.2/20.

CBS trailed ABC by more than 2 to 1 in Los Angeles.

And in the nation's top market, New York, Rather finished not only behind NBC NIGHTLY NEWS and ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT -- but also pulled less audience than reruns of the SIMPSONS, WILL & GRACE and KING OF QUEENS.

Rather finished dead last in New York during the 6:30 pm timeslot among all broadcast channels tracked by NIELSEN on Tuesday.

Developing...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Ba-Bye Dan.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Drudge......White House McClellan on Rather: “It’s always best for journalists to stick to reporting the facts and not try to dispense campaign advice'...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
What a MAROON!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Dan we'd Rather here the truth.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Shall we help Mr. Rather make an exit?

www.cbsnews.com

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us".

Let CBS know how you feel.  Tell them you and your family are writing their sponsors and locking out CBS on your TVs.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#8]
You know what I find so interesting about this whole thing is that in another article I read on Drudge they quote Dan Blather as saying the 86 year old woman who would have written the documents says she didn't write them. But she then says that they do reflect how Killian felt about Bush. Dan Rather then says he's pleased by her saying that's how Killian felt and basically believes it's true because she said it.

So...that begs the question: Why does Dan Rather believe her when she says that the content of the documents reflects Killian's feelings about Bush, but then doesn't believe her when she says the documents are fakes? Hmmmm....I wonder....

Oh, and by the way, never mind the daughter and wife of Killian who both say that Killian DID NOT feel that way about Bush. They surely wouldn't have nearly as much knowledge about what he thought as Killian's secretary
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#9]
done. Contacted CBS with my statement and a boycott of all sponsors until they come clean or fire Danny boy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Time for the old hack propagandist to finally call it quits. TV news viewership is dropping, as is newspaper sales. Mainly due to the internet. Rather has made his money and then some. Too bad he still believes that people must rely on him for "facts".

Buh-bye Dan.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
So how is Viacom stock trading today?  Id look but I don't know what their ticker ID is- VIA?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
done. Contacted CBS with my statement and a boycott of all sponsors until they come clean or fire Danny boy.

Blistering email sent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Good for that POS spinster. He was nothing but a lapdog for the clinton admin anyway!

What fucking frequency are you on now Dan?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#14]
He's had problems with every Republican administration going back to Nixon. Seems he doesn't hold Democrats to the same standards he holds Republicans. Partisan hack.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Dan Rather is soooo 1963.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Its too bad that such a stable rock of accurate reporting is suffering such a setback in his career. I'm sure his accurate and truthful reporting will be missed should he be dismissed.

By all 3 of his viewers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Dan was a legend....................in his own mind.  

Maybe he and Haroldo  Reviera can team up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Dropped them a scorcher yesterday on his dumb ass

adios a$$hole

Merica's tired of yer blathering (lies lies lies lies)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Sent  No cuss words,  I promise.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#21]
eDonkey-punched 'em.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#22]
You've GOT to read Ann Coulter's take on this story.  She is always blistering, but this one is a classic!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I dropped them a little note. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at C-BS right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Guess retirement is closs at hand, ehhh Danny boy??
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You've GOT to read Ann Coulter's take on this story.  She is always blistering, but this one is a classic!!

Don't be a tease--link please.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=275472
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be a tease--link please.  

Here ya go...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I just sent CBS  an email ripping them a new asshole over this and informed them that as long as Rather was there I would never again watch their news programs nor the channel period. I also informed them that I was emailing their sponsors and letting them know how I felt about Rather's stunt and his bias.

CBS has opened a big ol' can of worms with this one. Let's all get after them and send these bastards under.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#29]
You know, I didn't even know that blathering idiot was still around until all.  He's sure gotten quite the publicity.  Makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He was nothing but a lapdog for the clinton admin anyway!

Worse than that.  During the cold war his reporting was very sympathetic to the commies IMHO.  Where's the frequency indeed.

357mag
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Email sent to both CBS and the FCC. I would love for them to get involved in this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally published back in 1984:

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Here is my note I sent to CBS today. Probably won't make any difference....

I am outraged at the continued lack of journalistic objectivness in the reporting of the Bush National Guard documents as well as most of the news reported by CBS and more precisely, by Dan Rather. The documents are utterly and entirely fakes as has been shown by even your own "experts." CBS and Mr Rather's continued resistance in reporting the facts, and your reporting biased information is totally unnacceptable. I am urging everyone that I come in contact with to boycott CBS, it's affilliates, and it's sponsors until a complete retraction of reporting of the supposed "Bush documents" is publically made. Mr Rather needs to step down, as he has compromised his position and his refusal to report the news without bias.

archer2
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#34]
UPDATE

Drudge
Executives fear many voters inclined to vote for Bush are now switching off Rather.

"The audience appears to [be] polarized," a top CBS source said from LOS ANGELES on Thursday. "Rightly or wrongly, [BS mode] we're being perceived as 'anti-Bush,' which I do not think is fair to Dan, who is a fine journalist[/BS mode]... of course we do not like to see the ratings coming back the way they are this week."

In Philadelphia, the nation's #4 market, Rather pulled a 2.6 rating/5 share on Tuesday night against ABC's 13.3 rating/23 share and NBC's 4.0/7.

In Chicago, Rather hit a 2.3/5 to ABC's 9.2/20.

CBS trailed ABC by more than 2 to 1 in Los Angeles.

And in the nation's top market, New York, Rather finished not only behind NBC NIGHTLY NEWS and ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT -- but also pulled less audience than reruns of the SIMPSONS, WILL & GRACE and KING OF QUEENS.

Rather finished dead last in New York during the 6:30 pm timeslot among all broadcast channels tracked by NIELSEN on Tuesday.

Developing...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Excellent!

Keep the emails coming...

www.cbsnews.com

scroll to the bottom and click on "Contact Us".  Tell em how you feel!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Na na na na, na na na na hey hey........

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#37]
My comment:

What's the font size, Kenneth?

Stop trying to tap-dance around the facts and simply own up to the truth.  Dan Rather got played, because these bogus documents said what he wanted them to say.  As the saying goes, "You can't swindle an honest man."

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Here is my version:

Dan Rather!
What is going on at CBS news?
First there are documents, which are now clearly fake, then the experts CBS quoted come out of the woodwork and dispute the facts, now Dan Rather brings out a woman who says "believe me". Why should we suddenly believe the point of view of an 86-year-old woman who can recall incidents, which took place 35 years earlier?
This IS NOT news. This is a witch-hunt.
Get over it and get back to news.
I feel that the news agencies are obliged to report the facts and not just toss out a piece of gossip and challenge the victim to defend himself.
If CBS news does not fix this PROBLEM, I will boycott all CBS programming and its sponsors, and challenge my friends and coworkers to do the same.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#40]
This is what I have been sending them.

To CBS,

As a long time watcher I am writing you about the disgusting events that Dan Rather and your network have been pushing on the American Public lately.

Is Dan Rather now the political spokesman for the Kerry campaign? I would rather news reporters report the facts and leave out their own political agenda or the political aganda of their friends.

As I write this memo to you, I am also writing all of your major sponsors. I will no longer watch CBS or buy products from companies that advertise on your network. I am also recommending my friends and family members to do the same thing.

Your credibility, as long as Dan Rather is a part of your lineup, is shot with me and my family members. I will from now on, tune in Fox News for all of my news.

Infantry
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This is what I have been sending them.

To CBS,

As a long time watcher I am writing you about the disgusting events that Dan Rather and your network have been pushing on the American Public lately.

Is Dan Rather now the political spokesman for the Kerry campaign? I would rather news reporters report the facts and leave out their own political agenda or the political aganda of their friends.

As I write this memo to you, I am also writing all of your major sponsors. I will no longer watch CBS or buy products from companies that advertise on your network. I am also recommending my friends and family members to do the same thing.

Your credibility, as long as Dan Rather is a part of your lineup, is shot with me and my family members. I will from now on, tune in Fox News for all of my news.

Infantry

Dear CBS,

Under reccomendation from my friend, Infantry, I will no longer be watching ANY CBS show, or buying any products that sponsor your company. I don't appreciate being lied to in regards to "news". If I wanted propaganda, lies and misinformation, I would be visiting KERRY/EDWARDS websites.

I will be forwarding this request to all MY friends and family as well.

No longer a viewer or supporter,
Stoney Point

edited to add I added the red in my actual letter to CBS.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Another love note sent:

RE Dan Rather and Bush/NG memo: Whatever happened to objective journalism? Report the facts, don't make them up DAN!

Note to CBS: your ratings suck. Not hard to figure out why. People are tired of your lack of integrity and political bias.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You know what I find so interesting about this whole thing is that in another article I read on Drudge they quote Dan Blather as saying the 86 year old woman who would have written the documents says she didn't write them. But she then says that they do reflect how Killian felt about Bush. Dan Rather then says he's pleased by her saying that's how Killian felt and basically believes it's true because she said it.

So...that begs the question: Why does Dan Rather believe her when she says that the content of the documents reflects Killian's feelings about Bush, but then doesn't believe her when she says the documents are fakes? Hmmmm....I wonder....

Oh, and by the way, never mind the daughter and wife of Killian who both say that Killian DID NOT feel that way about Bush. They surely wouldn't have nearly as much knowledge about what he thought as Killian's secretary

That old broad voted against Bush in 2000, feels he isn't fit to serve, and says he was "selected, not elected".

So she must be telling the truth.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Now this is what I call a shitstorm. I bet those folks at CBS now dread getting up and going to work, knowing what awaits them.  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Great responses to CBS!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Rather Boring!!! wouldn't you say????
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Here's my email to CBS.  I tried to be as polite as possible.

I'm deeply disappointed in CBS News and Dan Rather for the handling of the
forged "Bush National Guard Memos".  

It was obvious from the start that these were fake documents.  Gross
negligence is evidenced by the lack of validation and investigation by
CBS.  The font was wrong, the type spacing was wrong, the superscript was
wrong, etc., etc.  References were made to a commanding officer who had
retired 18 months earlier!  

I've come to find that CBS's own "experts" raised questions as to the
validity of the documents.  I can't find a single expert who would take
the stand in a court of law to defend these forgeries.  These forgeries
are evidence of a federal offence (fabricating federal documents).

What is more disturbing to me has been the response of anchor Dan Rather
and CBS News once the obvious was pointed out.  Instead of apologizing for
the error and denouncing the source of the fraud, CBS and Rather have
defended the forgeries, justifying them as being "accurate" if not
authentic!  What is going on?  How can fraud be accurate?  Lt. Col.
Killian's own family denounced the fraudulent documents as not reflecting
his actual thoughts!

When I first learned of the forged memos I thought it might be due to
incompetence, but I'm seeing a pattern that has led me to believe that CBS
is aiding in fraud and slander against the President of the United States.
Why hasn't anchor Dan Rather and CBS denounced the memos or their source?
Has CBS officially joined John Kerry's Presidential campaign?

Well, I still feel that there is an opportunity to restore CBS's and Dan
Rather's jounalistic integrity.  First, I feel that Dan Rather owes
President George W. Bush a public apology.  On the "60 Minutes" program,
Rather waved the fraudulent memos over his head while publicly attacking
Pres. Bush's character and military service.  I can't believe Dan Rather
has waited so long to offer his apology.

Second, CBS needs to completely disavow the faked documents and publish
their source.  The documents are evidence of a federal crime, and the
guilty need to meet justice in accordance with the law.  If CBS fails to
do their duty, I will be forced to believe that CBS is aiding and
protecting criminal behavior.  I will ask my Senators and Congressional
Representatives to investigate CBS and prosecute accordingly.

I expect the apology to be made and the sources revealed within the day.  
CBS has had plenty of time to seek redemption, and I'm running out of
patience for criminal behavior.  Tomorrow I contact my Reps and ask them
to take action.

Thank you for your time.  I hope you will take steps to restore your
integrity.

Sincerely,
"Shane333"
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good for that POS spinster. He was nothing but a lapdog for the clinton admin anyway!

You sure it shouldn't say sphincter, instead of spinster?

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure it shouldn't say sphincter, instead of spinster?

Paraphrasing Neal Boortz, "Dam Blather is nothing more than a void surrounded by sphincter muscle."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top