Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 7:30:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhhhh, think about it for a second Mike. Their power is out. They can't see this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am sitting here listening to local radio. Moron after Moron is calling in about their power is out and their freezer is going to spoil. Could the power compay please hurry up and get them fixed.

FUCKING IDIOTS! EVERY time we get a storm the power goes out. Alabama power is reporting a fix date of the 28th for most locations here in the area. THIS IS NOT a rare occurance down here. One dumbass just called in and said he'd pay 2000.00 for a generator if anyone would sell him theirs.

I bought one as soon as i moved into a house where i would need one. I have food, water, power, medical all covered and ready to go. I can't for the life of me understand these idiots waiting until the storm comes in to look for supplies.

Hope you dumbasses have fun in the dark. Lack of emergency planning is just freaking insane.

mike

What part of AL are you in?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
No neighbors demanding to use your generator?  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I just talked to my mother in Mobile, where Ivan hit, and their power is already back on
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]
My neighbor told me I was crazy for wanting to spend $4500 on a permanently installed generator that runs on natural gas. Stating that natural gas was expensive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Uhhhh, think about it for a second Mike. Their power is out. They can't see this.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The explanation is very simple. Most of the sheeple suffer from the "out of sight, out of mind" syndrome.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:48:40 AM EDT
[#9]
People in general simply roll over and play victim.  We had a very powerfull windstorm here last year (not a hurricane by any means) and my area was out of power for about a week.  Folks were pissing and moaning about how terrible life was.  No TV or lights or elec heat.  Absolutely no way of fending for themselves.  I actually had neighbors go out and stay in motels just so they can have hot water.

The wife and I just made like we were camping.  It was fun!  I like when the power is out for awhile.  BTW, we did have lots of damage to outbuildings and fencing but luckily nothing happened to the house.  I feel for y'all down in hurricane territory.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
File this under:

SHEEPLE!

BAAAAAAA!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
welcome to our world!!  for 4 weeks this is what we have had to listen to in central florida!!!  its pathetic! to say the least!!,,just wait,,, itll get worse after a few days!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i am up in birmingham. These idiots are already screaming for the .gov to strat trucking in dry Ice and food. The damn storm hasn't even gotten here yet.

mike

Maybe by then the batteries in their cell phones and cordless phones will have died.

uh, can we come stay with you?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Transport these people back 150 years, and they'd all be dead because we're forgetting what it takes to survive.  A very sad thing.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#15]
There is bunch on TV now bitching they were not warned about the possible tornados and problems that could occur in a hurricane.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is bunch on TV now bitching they were not warned about the possible tornados and problems that could occur in a hurricane.

they must live in a cave then. the warnings have been out since at LEAST sunday.

mike

Yep
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#18]
More liberalthink. Take no responsibility for yourself, blame others for your problems, demand that someone else fix it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#19]
On duty today , just got done patroling the city , suburb of Birmingham,  and the vehicle traffic that is on the road is unbelieveable!

It looks like any other day out there.   Cars everywhere.

2 local gas stations still open and a non-stop stream of people stopping to fill theie car up.

Lots of beer also being sold.

Current wind gust around 40+mph , raining like a bitch.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i am up in birmingham. These idiots are already screaming for the .gov to strat trucking in dry Ice and food. The damn storm hasn't even gotten here yet.

mike

Maybe by then the batteries in their cell phones and cordless phones will have died.

uh, can we come stay with you?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

i have my attack beagle ready to fend off the invading hoards
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29947

Holy Shit that thing is fat...!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My neighbor told me I was crazy for wanting to spend $4500 on a permanently installed generator that runs on natural gas. Stating that natural gas was expensive.

That's what I want to get, because I have gas service, and it would be great to have a generator that doesn't run out of fuel...what brand did you get???
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#25]
If their power is out, WTF are they doing using what little eletricity they can generate/muster to listen to the radio and call talk shows?

I think your moron point is proven.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#26]
i have my attack beagle ready to fend off the invading hoards
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29947

Looks like she even ate some of 'em too!

What a way to spend my 1000th post
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I want to get, because I have gas service, and it would be great to have a generator that doesn't run out of fuel...what brand did you get???

Unless the disaster takes out your gas service...

I'd personally think diesel & a large tank of fuel would be a better idea (or get one that does both, if such a thing exists)...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#28]
The same thing happed up here last year after Isabel.  Cry baby liberals calling local talk radio to whine that their power was going to be out for 3-7 days.  Whining that the power company was not delivering batteries door to door!!!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Your neighbor stop by for his self-appointed 4 hour allotment of genny time?  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless the disaster takes out your gas service...

I'd personally think diesel & a large tank of fuel would be a better idea (or get one that does both, if such a thing exists)...

Agreed, or propane if you have a bulk tank or have a place to put one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top