Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:12:52 AM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x85761[DO NOT HOTLINK]

I am considering becoming an armed law abiding citizen on Monday. I have never even held a gun in my hands, but I am considering buying a fully automatic weapon and a cache of ammunition.

Does that scare rightwingers? It should.

And they call us unstable
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It scares me. The same as if someone who never drove a car before went out and bought a Ferrari.

Idiots all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:14:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Why?
When the fucking moron goes to buy one he'll learn.
He won't understand, but he'll learn.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
he's probably not smart enought to fill out the yellow form.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I learned that the DC sniper bought his guns from Bullseye in Tacoma....
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Since they don't believe in capitalism, how can they ever expect to afford a FA?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Actually, it was stolen.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
"Armed Liberals" do not scare me in the least .... I think it would be good for them .... especially when they find out they cannot buy anything full-auto, not even a full-auto revolver

unsafe gun handling does scare me ..... so I hope they get a clue quickly .... as if any of the little balls of emotions would ever follow through on anything anyway!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#9]
And the chances of this guy actually going out and buying a Class 3 weapon?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:24:10 AM EDT
[#10]
It doesnt scare me. If they want to support our industry then LET THEM!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:24:18 AM EDT
[#11]
No shit spermlock.
That's what the is for.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it was stolen.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It scares me. The same as if someone who never drove a car before went out and bought a Ferrari.

Idiots all.

I'm not as frightened.  First, most non-shooters (I was one, once) get most of their firearms "knowlege" from the mass media.  Fingers on triggers, make sure to jerk your hand down to counter the recoil, you can shoot a fly off a beer bottle one-handed from your hip, that kind of nonsense.

Plus, there's the noise.  Even with hearing protection, it was unexpectedly loud to me my first time (and I have worked in some noisy places).

Someone who never drove a car before would be able to sit in a Ferrari and probably turn it on.
After that, they'll experiment with thesteering wheel and  pedals for a while, stall the car, and quit.

Someone who never shot a gun before would be able to hold it and probably load it.
After that, they'll experiment with the trigger and safety for a while, have a ND, and quit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Betcha the first thing someone tells him to do is file down the firing pin to make it go full auto.

Or, file down some other pin.

Or something.

Fuckin wackjobs...I've met paranoid schizophrenics that make more sense than that fat lot of wasted water and carbon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x85761[DO NOT HOTLINK]

I am considering becoming an armed law abiding citizen on Monday. I have never even held a gun in my hands, but I am considering buying a fully automatic weapon and a cache of ammunition.

]

How cute.

Scare me? It amuses me.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Did you see the reply on that site that says Gun Control is Racist and The Assault Weapon Ban is Dead Let's keep it that way, but the guys sig line says "Kerry isn't trying to take away your guns, Vote Kerry 04".

How can someone know so much about guns but then not realize that Kerry made a special trip to vote for the Assault Weapons ban.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:46:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Did you see the reply on that site that says Gun Control is Racist and The Assault Weapon Ban is Dead Let's keep it that way, but the guys sig line says "Kerry isn't trying to take away your guns, Vote Kerry 04".

How can someone know so much about guns but then not realize that Kerry made a special trip to vote for the Assault Weapons ban.

I think liberals assume all the bad stuff that will happen, will only happen to the right wing, and they will be ok...... because they are above it all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually it is kinda scary.

These are the idiots who kill someone when their gun just "goes off".  

And unlike the crazy militia guys, who want to be left alone, these are the people who want to force you to live in a collectivist society, one way or another.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#19]
It's about as scary as a skinny guy saying:

"I'll show you, I'm going to join a gym and workout every day till I'm HUGE, and then I'm going to beat you up.  Yeah!  That's what I'll do!"
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:50:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Scare me? NOT! Wait until reality kicks in and he finds out what it costs and what it takes for paperwork. He might have a reality check and become a conservative.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I really hgope they all do this.  WIth all those new gunsm new ammo, and etc will be GREAT for the economy!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:53:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Ah hell, bring it on bitch.

Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I envision something like this....

DU guy walks into local gunshop that he finds in teh yellow pages (or remembers from his last protest march)....

DU Guy: Hi, Id like to buy a gun, and it needs to be full auto....and I want lots of ammo too.

Clerk: Uhhh, what exactly do you want, and do you have the BATF papers for Class 3?

DU Guy: What class? I have to take a class? Dont you understand that the AWB expired?

Clerk: The AWB has nothing to do with automatic weapons

Du Guy: Sure it does, look at this picture of a previously banned weapon...are you saying that isnt an automatic?

Clerk: (picking up a Bushmaster of the shelf) This what you are talking about?

DU Guy: Yeah, thats it..and give me the biggest bullets they make for it

Clerk: (Showing the Du guy a 55 gr and a 62 gr 5.56 round) The 62 is the largest I have in stock

DU Guy: I want something bigger than that, those are tiny

Clerk: Uhhhm, this is what that rifle shoots....and its semi auto, not full...it will only go bang once every time you pull the trigger.

DU Guy: Oh, well, how can I make it full auto then?

Clerk: You cant, the only way to legally own a class 3 weapon is to apply for a permit through the federal government...cant just walk in and buy one, doesnt work that way...the AWB had nothing to do with that.

Slowly, but surely...the DU guy starts to see that maybe, JUST MAYBE, he HAD NO FUCKING CLUE!!!!

Come to think of it, this should be a Sarge production!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:00:25 AM EDT
[#24]
It should scare you. The fucking idiot will do something with the gun and the liberals will run with why they should be banned.
Are they willing to go down for their cause? You tell me.
Tough for the individual to buy a full auto machinegun when they work at the front desk for a hotel for a cool 6.25 an hour, for keeps.
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Hmmmmmmmmmm

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:03:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Do it man -screenplay is all yours
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#27]

I bet just the sight of all of the guns in in the gun store will make this person pee their pants. Or at the minimum...pass out.

People like this are hate fill, morons. Unstable? Yep, definately.

But maybe it will be a good lesson for them. I hope they get a good shop owner that talks to them about the responsiblity of shooting. If they are really stupid, they'll make some comment about going after Bush and they'll get put away for a long time. Then, they can personally support all of the homosexuals they want...they won't even have to show up, they'll find this person.

But I bet, once they get home, they won't be able to shoot it, cause they'll forget how to use it. Probably shoot their own dog by accident.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Lie-berals talk alot of shit, but tend to puss out in the end.

Lotsa talk, little action.

Yawn.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Ahhhh He's just tryin to blow smoke up somebody 's @ss ! He 'll be buyin' hand grenades next time !...................................Lie to the sheeple , scare the sheeple , control the sheeple.    
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#30]
... awlrighty, which one of you fellas is DoNotRefill  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I would love to see the tiny little gears turning feverishly in in his tiny, tiny, tiny, little rodent brain when he tries to comprehend just why he cannot buy a full auto at any old gunstore like he's been told repeatedly by the Wicked Witch of the Left and her merry band of Pressholes

What a fucking moron.

Scared?  Doubtful, jerkoff.

Priceless.

SG
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Am I the only one who thinks that this is likely an ARFcom troll trying to stir up shit over there?

You know...I wouldn't be surprised if half the people over there are just ARFcom and Freeper trolls acting like liberals  (so they don't get banned) until they have a high enough post count to start actually trolling! Because I can't believe that people would actually be that stupid! Oh wait...yes I can...

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#34]

I can't wait to start collecting their weapons as war trophies!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Idiots all.

+1
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks that this is likely an ARFcom troll trying to stir up shit over there?

... In a word, no

... I've even posted in that thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh my!
I can't read that crap anymore.
The "logic" over there is just.....well, missing actually.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I envision something like this....

DU guy walks into local gunshop that he finds in teh yellow pages (or remembers from his last protest march)....

DU Guy: Hi, Id like to buy a gun, and it needs to be full auto....and I want lots of ammo too.

Clerk: Uhhh, what exactly do you want, and do you have the BATF papers for Class 3?

DU Guy: What class? I have to take a class? Dont you understand that the AWB expired?

Clerk: The AWB has nothing to do with automatic weapons

Du Guy: Sure it does, look at this picture of a previously banned weapon...are you saying that isnt an automatic?

Clerk: (picking up a Bushmaster of the shelf) This what you are talking about?

DU Guy: Yeah, thats it..and give me the biggest bullets they make for it

Clerk: (Showing the Du guy a 55 gr and a 62 gr 5.56 round) The 62 is the largest I have in stock

DU Guy: I want something bigger than that, those are tiny

Clerk: Uhhhm, this is what that rifle shoots....and its semi auto, not full...it will only go bang once every time you pull the trigger.

DU Guy: Oh, well, how can I make it full auto then?

Clerk: You cant, the only way to legally own a class 3 weapon is to apply for a permit through the federal government...cant just walk in and buy one, doesnt work that way...the AWB had nothing to do with that.

Slowly, but surely...the DU guy starts to see that maybe, JUST MAYBE, he HAD NO FUCKING CLUE!!!! It's a TRAP!!!

The DU'er would never think he was wrong. He would see it as a TRAP set by the vast rightwing conspiricy to keep the man down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I just posted this in another thread, but:  I took a political quiz on some goofy liberal website and at the end I was called: Conservative Scum and was told this:

You may think you're American, but you're just another hapless bastard taking away our freedoms and ruining the American way of life. You'll be the first against the wall when the rest wake up and smell the coffee.

Some shit huh, I am a freedom taker and he wants to kill me....jack ass!

I WANT these types of whackos to get guns and start shooting at cars with W stickers.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.  I am so tired of their SHIT and hypocrisy, I wish to GOD that they would follow through on this ONE thing.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#41]
The coyote has entered the chicken coop, i repeat the coyote has entered the chicken coop...standing by for instructions...

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:23:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I just posted this in another thread, but:  I took a political quiz on some goofy liberal website and at the end I was called: Conservative Scum and was told this:

You may think you're American, but you're just another hapless bastard taking away our freedoms and ruining the American way of life. You'll be the first against the wall when the rest wake up and smell the coffee.

I WANT these types of whackos to get guns and start shooting at cars with W stickers.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.  I am so tired of their SHIT and hypocrisy, I wish to GOD that they would follow through on this ONE thing.

You should post a link to this quiz.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should post a link to this quiz.

Link to Lefty's quiz
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#44]
For whatever reason, you seem to think taking away some freedoms is necessary for our way of life. You're wrong. Sorry. Go read "Dude, Where's My Country" and "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore... you might learn something.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
For whatever reason, you seem to think taking away some freedoms is necessary for our way of life. You're wrong. Sorry. Go read "Dude, Where's My Country" and "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore... you might learn something.  

That is the response for Republican.   He is a case isn't he?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I love that!  First against the wall my ASS!!!!  They may kill me, but I'd be burried in brass!  I DO own legal full-autos....  One M16 for each hand and an MP5K for a leg holster.  Bring it on, biatch!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I would love to go with the idiot when he tries to be a new class III owner!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#49]

I had no idea. So as a minority, I have yet another good reason to spend the grocery money. Or maybe if I go to one of those banks that give guns away to people who open accounts...do you think they will have AK7s. I really want something Amurrican!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm conservative scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top