Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2001 8:47:13 AM EDT
So, I got this pre-ban Colt and now I want to make an M4 out of it.

I have seen at a gun show a guy selling a complete Colt m4 upper. It has the barrel cuts, m4 handguard, flatop w/removable handle. Even came with complete bolt and charging handle. $700. I know thats about the going rate for the M4 Colt upper. But how can I authenticate it? Are there any markings that should be on an M4 upper like on the receiver or anywhere else. If so what are they?

Also, I will need a M4 stock. Can I just get the Colt 4 position with the m4 buffer or is there a different one that is specific to the M4?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't speak for any specific markings on the upper but I do know the Colt M4 barrels are just stamped

C MP 556 Nato 1/9

Actually $700.00 is a REAL good price if it's all Colt and includes the bolt and carrier...
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
ok, and i'm going from memory here, the upper is marked on the side - under the flat-top, with a wierd symbol that looks a cross between an "A" and an "F". also, on the front-face of the reciever, between flat-top and delta ring area should be a small "4".
-about the stock, the package mine came in was marked: Colt buttstock, 4 pos., M4. it has an aluminum buffer tube, M4 buffer marked "H" and a plastic stock piece. BUT i looked at a friend's brand new, Colt 4 position stock (non-M4), and it was identical.

as always, any corrections/amplifications are appreciated!!!   hope this helps!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
OK  thats what I was looking for.  Heard they were marked with a 4 or M4 but did not know where exactly.  The AF is not unigue to the M4, the one I saw definetley had that, but so does my post ban gun.  It denotes where it was forged.  AF = Alcoa Forged
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top