Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 2:25:03 AM EDT
Ah, a perfect example of liberal debate tactics. There is a thread on the AWB expiring on another forum I visit (not gonna post the link, they may be liberal, but in other aspects, they're nice enough to not sic 1,000 ARFCOMmers on), and everbody except the other token conservative (coincidentally my brother) is saying, "Noooo! Machineguns on the street!"

So I post a rebuttal to every point made in the thread (to wit, The AWB Is About Machineguns, Those Features Are Worthless and Evil And Should Be Banned, and The Second Amendment Sucks/Is Worthless), including sources, and an analysis of guncrime. It's very thorough and long.

Immediately, somebody replies, "Answer me one question: In America, can you now buy an Uzi?" So I say how Americans have always been able to buy Uzis, in machinegun form with the long, extensive background check and $200 tax, and semi-autos with long barrels, and during the ban, semi-autos with non-folding stocks, etc. So, he says, "so, the AWB was about machine guns and now Americans can buy 900 rpm firearms from a local gunstore and pick them up the same day, or am I wrong?" I say, "You're wrong. (insert rebuttal here, that FOR THE THIRD TIME explains the difference between machine-guns and semi-autos, and how 900rpm is only achievable with a magazine change taking zero time every 2 seconds)."

So I go to sleep, and surprise, the thread is locked when I wake up! Apparently, it was "too close to a general gun-control discussion," Verboten on those boards. Yeah, or maybe they were just losing and knew it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I spend a lot of time on a BMW discussion board. My AWB thread fell apart almost instantly. Everrybody demamnding to know which brand they should buy
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Ummm, so they were

?

- BG
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:31:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I spend a lot of time on a BMW discussion board. My AWB thread fell apart almost instantly. Everrybody demamnding to know which brand they should buy

Gotta protect the Beemers from car jackers somehow!

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
La-La-La LA,
La-La-La LA,
Hey, Hey, Hey!
It's GONE!

Repeat 223 times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top