Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 8:47:00 PM EDT
The commies have passed their ban, so I must have a .50 just because. But, funds are limited. So, I thought perhaps I'd buy an AR lower now (DPMS single-shot: CA legal!), register it as a .50, then get a .50 upper ASAP.

I'm new to the big bore scene, so could someone let me know what is available in terms of AR lower .50s that can be bought as uppers only? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ferret makes a cool one. I think one of the guys here have one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to answer you question but that critter above is nicer looking
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
AR-50 from Armalite also I beleive.  But that ferret does look nice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#5]
AR50 isn't an upper. it is a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:11:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Watson Weapons 50 cal upper. I have one and really like it. It is made more for match shooting but will shoot surplus just fine. Very Accurate It will ship UPS right to your door. The only down side is that is uses a screw in style bolt and takes some time to shoot. I think you could shoot 3 rounds a minute if you were good. It comes with a special pin that makes it easy to open up the upper and load.(break open style action)  It operates likes the worlds largest single shot H&R shotgun.

The muzzle blast is a real ass kicker thats for sure but the recoil is not  to bad. You can only realy fire this weapon in prone position. I would not want to fire it of a bench. They are not a bad deal if you don't plan on shooting alot but always wanted a 50. I think they are seling for aroung $1300 last time I checked. The biggest advantage is that they are only an upper so there is no paper work. I hope this info helped you.

Take Care and good luck in the Peoples Republic of Kali. you are going to need it
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:53:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top