Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2001 7:44:16 AM EDT
Just went in yesterday to the local gun club and joined.  I have lived in the area for 20 years and have hardly ever been up there.  Now, local 'developers' have put houses right next to where people shoot, so i figured that I would support the club by joining.  I took a look around at the new pstol and rifle ranges, only to be happily suprised to see someone shooting a AR almost exactly like mine!  I was kinda worried there might be 'rules' against evil rifles, but no.  Can't wait to get out there and shoot!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for you.  You have a local club that allows "evil" things like rifles and pistols.  I did some work clearing land for the new local club here in 1947.  They didn't then, and they still don't, allow guns that don't have a sporting purpose.  The manager then claimed that the only reason rifles existed was to kill people, and that the reason pistols existed was so that racists could murder blacks.  They still only allowed shotguns with #8 shot, or lighter.  Now that "sporting purpose only" attitude doesn't sound so strange.  Back then, we thought these guys were all looney.  You should feel lucky that your local gun club allows you to shoot your rifle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#2]
ZOOM,
I live in S.C. too. What club are you refering to. I'm thinking of joining Mid Carolina Rifle Club. Do you know anything about them? I assume they are AR frendly...
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Zoom Wilson:
Good for you.  You have a local club that allows "evil" things like rifles and pistols.  I did some work clearing land for the new local club here in 1947.  They didn't then, and they still don't, allow guns that don't have a sporting purpose.  The manager then claimed that the only reason rifles existed was to kill people, and that the reason pistols existed was so that racists could murder blacks.  They still only allowed shotguns with #8 shot, or lighter.  Now that "sporting purpose only" attitude doesn't sound so strange.  Back then, we thought these guys were all looney.  You should feel lucky that your local gun club allows you to shoot your rifle.
View Quote

Zoom, you tell 'em that pistols are for sticking up their asses.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
zoom, you should mention that those 'evil' guns are the same ones that the men used during the war to protect useless people like him from the enemy-at least he could let people shoot those rifles/pistols at his range.  But then again, it is HIS range...
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the Spartanburg "we hate not only rifles & pistols, we also hate their owners" Gun Club.  It kills me that they have the word "Gun" in their name when they only support a small fraction of what I would consider gun-related sports.  One of the managers there even made fun of my choice of vehicles.  I don't drive a pick-up, because I can't afford the gas.  He told me I needed to rethink my position.  Whatever.

A relative of my wife's recommended the Mid Carolina Rifle Club.  He said it was very nice.  Unfortunately, it's about a 120 mile drive from my house, so casually stopping by isn't an option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top