Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 4:05:39 PM EDT
So my wife asks me to bring her something at work. I say ok. Pick up my pants from yesterday and a clean shirt, throw my AR in its case and out the door. Get downstairs and realize I forgot the car keys. No problem, I'll just run upstairs and get them. Problem no house keys either, no wallet no knife. The only thing I did have with me was my CCW (with no permit). I figure I'll just go in the sliding glass door on the balcony. Get up there and its locked. So I break my tools out of my storage room and start wailing on the balcony door to get in. I was out there for more than an hour breaking in and nobody called the cops. Fine with me CCW w/o permit and an AR right next to me and I didn't want to see the cops. Anyway just feel stupid and lucky.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, its not nessecarily a good thing that no one called the cops. What if it had been a burgaler

Wolfe
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
my thoughts exactly, and it took me 1.5 hours to finally get in. I'm talking hammer and pry bar.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the best way to realize just how easy it would be to break in if you weren't you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
After an adventure many years ago I always have/carry...

----2 sets of keys--house, cars, and shop.

----key to house hidden on property.

After my wife had an adventure she now carries two sets of keys.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Thats what I was thinking, next trip to wally world
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Better off fabricating something yourself.  You don't want a wouldbe theif saying, 'Hey, I saw one of these at Walmart.  I bet there's a key inside."
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You would not believe the amount of times this has saved my ass. My wife has a habit of locking the door behind her when she leaves in the morning and if I walk her out I come back to find the door locked!!!

DOH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top