Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:28:42 PM EDT
Does your local network, like mine, show the street-sweeper type shotguns when reporting about the AWB expiring?  Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No. Mine shows SF AKs and a guy with a Glock 19 and a 33rd mag. Constantly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The reporting on the AWB (or lack thereof) won't die for a while. Perhaps a week or two. If it continues, I'd be surprised.

And yes, the local affiliates are butchering the story as much as the national networks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The media here is focused on the hurricanes.  The AWB is old news.    

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The streetsweeper thing is really buggin me...

OK... AKs by name are banned, as are Uzis (under the assumption that domestically manufactured ones arent REALLY Uzis and AKs)

but the sweepers are NFA goddamnit.  They need to stop showing that shit

- BG

/rant
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Frankly, I'm still in a state of either euphoria or denial that the federal ban on Semi-automatic "Assault Weapons" is history. Of course, it doesn't really help me a whole lot, given the state I live in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My dumb bastages show NFA weapons.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't watch local news.

While we were in the midst of SoCal burning last year (fires were visible from my house) one of the local stations took a break "To bring you updates on important news happening elsewhere".

Like what, your VIEWERSHIP BEING BURNED OUT OF THEIR HOMES INSN'T 'IMPORTANT' ENOUGH"?!?

What were the first two stories covered?

The Scott Peterson muder trial and the showing of the tape that Harris and Klebold did before they shot up Columbine.

Yeah, that was REAL EARTH SHATTERING "NEWS" FOR PEOPLE SCARED SHITLESS THAT THEIR HOMES ARE ABOUT TO BURNED TO THE GROUND.

I thought I couldn't have cared less about the local news hacks before that but I discovered that I actually could.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Our local news here in Indy showed the party they were having at Pops guns.  The talking they did was largely correct, but the whole time they showed the FA Uzi and UMP45.  Guys doing bursts on the range.  It kind of pissed me off.  Then I had to listen to a deputy rant about why the ban expiring was so bad.  Blah.  Work.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The streetsweeper thing is really buggin me...

OK... AKs by name are banned, as are Uzis (under the assumption that domestically manufactured ones arent REALLY Uzis and AKs)

but the sweepers are NFA goddamnit.  They need to stop showing that shit

- BG

/rant

Exactly my point, BG.  The networks just won't stop the bullshit
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Ironically enough, the best report on the end of the AWB I've found so far is on the german ZDF newspage (video):
www.zdf.de/ZDFmt/mediathek/0,3496,MT-2192234,00.html

Main page:
www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/21/0,1872,2192757,00.html

Quick translation:
AWB ends,  sturmgewehrs available again
only cosmetic features & mag capacity
full auto still illegal
Bush did't call for renewal
Kerry whining
Police Chiefs want ban
LaPierre: not about hunting, it's about weapon ownership rights
2nd Amendment change - not a chance in hell

Showed semi AR-15, no UZI, no Streetsweepers, no full auto stuff

Whodathunkit

Fritz
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Not watching the local news at all here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not watching the local news at all here.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top