Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 2:59:10 PM EDT
Just announced on the Chris Baker talk show:

Ken Charles, the Station Manager for 950KPRC in Houston (the largest talk station in Houston) just sent the CBS News VP all his nasty e-mails and told them that CBS will either fire Dan Rather by Monday and come completely clean on the matter or he will take CBS News off the air of his radio stations (he manages two of the largest in Houston).

He took Dan Rather's 4pm top of the hour brodcast off effective immediately and replaced it with Fox news.

He said he will find a way to cancel the CBS contract if they do not resolve this in a manner that retains their credibility as a news source

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
now lets see if anything really happens
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice to see someone in that industry with some sand.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Good maybe more stations will follow suit.
FREE
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
950KPRC web site Critcizes Rather (link)

We continue to believe in this story," says a CBS News senior vice president.

This…despite the fact that two experts hired by CBS News itself to examine records of President Bush’s Vietnam-era service in the Texas Air National Guard told ABC this week that they could not vouch for the documents being authentic.

A growing list of critics is saying the memos are fake, and may have been produced on a computer, not on a 1970’s era typewriter. Even a documents examiner CBS used…said she told the network that she questioned the handwriting in the documents…and says she e-mailed a CBS producer and strongly urged her the night before the broadcast not to use the documents. But despite all of this…CBS and Dan Rather are standing by their story.

Rather says critics of their report include many who are what he called “partisan political operatives."

The documents, Rather said, came from "un-impeachable sources" who of course…remain unnamed by CBS.

That doesn’t sound like a newsman who wants to make sure he got it right.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
And the dominoes begin to fall.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagged
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
"The documents, Rather said, came from "un-impeachable sources" who of course…remain unnamed by CBS. "

Wasn't Clinton "un-impeachable"?  

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And the dominoes begin to fall.

Amen. Amen to that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#9]
bump
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
We should mail / e-mail / call this station and let them know we support their decision. Does anyone have any contact information?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
CBS's new theme song....

Let the ratings hit the floor
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump it one more time baby.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Good maybe more stations will follow suit.
FREE

Oh please please please let someone else in the industry have the stones to do this.

edit: the only thing that could make this better is that CBS decides to sell out the Kerry campaign and say "ok ok we thought they were legit, THEY GAVE THEM TO US!!  BLAME THEM!!"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to see some of the major satellite services like Dish Network or Direct TV scramble the CBS Evening News program until they come clean. That likely would never happen, but it would be cool if it did. I wish I was the owner/prez of one of those providers, I'd do it. When you start hitting them in the pocket, results will happen.

Either way, this has already created a shit storm and doesn't seem to be losing any strength. In fact, the more people who speak out saying the documents are likely fake, the more the shit smells. This will eventually get resolved but I assume most already see through this for what it is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Another Local CBS affiliate not showing 60 Minutes

Instead of CBS 60 minutes--and whatever Hollywood-news half hour precedes it--WVLT (local Knoxville, TN station) is showing a Billy Graham film! Just after 8:00 there was a message at the bottom of the screen saying that 60 Minutes would be shown in its entirety at 2:07 tomorrow morning.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I used to live in Houston, and KPRC is a very conservative station. They were one of Rush's first stations when he went national, so I guess this won't exactly disappoint the regular listeners. That said, it still takes a lot of stones, so good on 'em!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top