Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 12:02:26 PM EDT
The Federal AWB had definitons of Post-Ban and Pre-Ban and those have now expired.  My question is this if you live in CA and own a Post-Ban weapon couldn't you now convert that weapon into a Pre-Ban?  I thought that the CA ban lumped both Pre-Ban and Post-Ban into the same catergory.  So if you already have a Post-Ban weapon that is registered in CA under the "assault weapons" legislation than why could you not convert it into a Pre-Ban or did the CA legislation define Post and Pre-Ban?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
There.

Did you hear that?

That was a blood vessel in my brain exploding.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Federal AWB had definitons of Post-Ban and Pre-Ban and those have now expired.  My question is this if you live in CA and own a Post-Ban weapon couldn't you now convert that weapon into a Pre-Ban?  I thought that the CA ban lumped both Pre-Ban and Post-Ban into the same catergory.  So if you already have a Post-Ban weapon that is registered in CA under the "assault weapons" legislation than why could you not convert it into a Pre-Ban or did the CA legislation define Post and Pre-Ban?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can make the changes
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
no changes to a semi auto in cali, they have their own ban, and fed rules are only added to the cali ban, not over riders of cali law

go from post to pre in cali and you are jailbait
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I know CA has its own ban.  But I believe that when we in CA had to register our "assault weapons" (Both Post-Ban and Pre-Ban owners), we used the same forms and it applied to us unalaterally, so it lumped us into one group.  Therefore it is my feeling that since my Post-Ban gun is already registered as an assault weapon, I could make mods to it(flash hider, bayonet lug, collapsable stock, etc.) and still be legal.  I don't think CA legislature makes a differenciation between both Post and Pre.

I'm not trying to convert a semi-auto non-registered weapon into a Pre-Ban.  I wanted to know if you can convert a registerd assault weapon in the Post-Ban state into a Pre-Ban.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have a registered post-ban AW in Cali, you can now add flash hiders, folding stocks, and bayonet lugs to your delight.

You can't leagally bring high cap mags into the state, which raises a question: do Beta Cs have a date stamp or SN on them?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you have a registered post-ban AW in Cali, you can now add flash hiders, folding stocks, and bayonet lugs to your delight.

You can't leagally bring high cap mags into the state, which raises a question: do Beta Cs have a date stamp or SN on them?

I think they have VENT or DRAIN HOLES in them where others are marked.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There.

Did you hear that?

That was a blood vessel in my brain exploding.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top