Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 10:51:01 AM EDT
I was waiting for the AWB to expire (I've only been a gun owner for just over a year).  Got my wife into the sport as well, so I also signed up for the extra magazine subscription (I chose "American Rifleman") for her ("Woman's Outlook").

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome. The NRA really is one of our best hopes for preserving Second Amendment Rights. I am glad to see that you joined. Many of us spend hundreds of dollars each year on this hobby, if not much more, and there is simply no excuse not to spend the comparitivly small amount on a membership. "American Rifleman" is the best choice in my opinion. They have a nice mix of articles on historical and modern firearms, both long guns and pistols.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Good!

Like the NRA or not, they are a very powerful lobby. Maybe the most powerful in Washington. It would make me so happy if we could double the membership. If it's this powerful now, imagine how much more so it could be.

Just don't get discouraged by the requests for donations. The NRA doesn't expect you to send money every time they right. Just remember, your annual membership dues go a long way in helping them keep up the fight. So send donations when you can and don't worry about it when you can't. But we need to work to make the NRA as large as possible. The bigger it is, the better off we'll be.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
oops.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
youve only been a gun owner for a year yet you have over 10 AR15's and are thinking about getting a M16 allready, gosh I wish I had your money
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats, welcome!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome, Brother!

Please consider attending next year's annual meeting in Houston!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
youve only been a gun owner for a year yet you have over 10 AR15's and are thinking about getting a M16 allready, gosh I wish I had your money

Yes, I do have 10 AR's (just sold one, actually).  Actually, I have about 30 guns now (how's that for jumping in to a new hobby/sport a year ago?).  I was thinking about getting an M16, but I'd have to sell half of my collection to be able to afford it...  so I have since reconsidered.  I may pick up a "less expensive" CIII firearm like an AC556 or a rLL/rDIAS.  I enjoy building, modifying, collecting and trading.  I probably only get to go shooting about once every couple months.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Good man!

Life member here.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I just sent my check in the mail yesterday to join as well.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the family bro.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Welcome to the family bro.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#12]
....and I'm going to sign my girlfriends lib mom up for her christmas present...  eat it bitch and enjoy your woman's day magazine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Way to go!

I am a Life and Endowment member.  It is our best hope.

Quoted:
Welcome, Brother!

Hey Hardshell, first I heard about it being in Houston.  When is it?

If you go, let me know.  We'll meet up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I do have 10 AR's (just sold one, actually).  Actually, I have about 30 guns now (how's that for jumping in to a new hobby/sport a year ago?).  I was thinking about getting an M16, but I'd have to sell half of my collection to be able to afford it...  so I have since reconsidered.  I may pick up a "less expensive" CIII firearm like an AC556 or a rLL/rDIAS.  I enjoy building, modifying, collecting and trading.  I probably only get to go shooting about once every couple months.

I would just go with a Mac10 Bullethose and they are around $2000-3000 and are still fun as hell to shoot
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Good!

Like the NRA or not, they are a very powerful lobby. Maybe the most powerful in Washington. It would make me so happy if we could double the membership. If it's this powerful now, imagine how much more so it could be.

Just don't get discouraged by the requests for donations. The NRA doesn't expect you to send money every time they right. Just remember, your annual membership dues go a long way in helping them keep up the fight. So send donations when you can and don't worry about it when you can't. But we need to work to make the NRA as large as possible. The bigger it is, the better off we'll be.

+1 I have tried very hard to get as many people to join as possible including signing up friends and family members with my own money.  I will do anything to make the NRA as big as possible.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was waiting for the AWB to expire (I've only been a gun owner for just over a year).  Got my wife into the sport as well, so I also signed up for the extra magazine subscription (I chose "American Rifleman") for her ("Woman's Outlook").

You've got to get America's first freedom, it keeps you informed of all the 2nd amendment issues.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Every year I renew myself and my step-Dad.He's 66 and been into shooting /hunting all of his life and has over 40 guns and yet never joined the NRA until I got him a membership for Christmas 2 years ago.Those are the type of people we need to get to join the NRA.

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
how long from when you sign up until they process you and mail you the member package?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Way to go!

I am a Life and Endowment member.  It is our best hope.

Quoted:
Welcome, Brother!

Hey Hardshell, first I heard about it being in Houston.  When is it?

If you go, let me know.  We'll meet up.

I heard it was going to be in Houston last month when I was up at NRA-HQ for a volunteer workshop.  They are supposed to have a lot of stuff geared for the ladies next year, so I'm going to take my wife & son with me.  I don't know what the dates will be - not even sure they are set yet.  I'll be having lunch with our state's field rep. next week IF we all survive Ivan (my local FoNRA banquet is coming up in a few weeks), so I'll ask him about the dates and let you know when I find out.

I would love to finally meet you in person - we'll definately get together!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#20]
After letting my membership lapse in May '03, I've joined again on the one-year plan.  I let them know that I will continue to renew every year there is no federal Assault Weapons Ban.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Welcome, and you won't regret it. Nevermind the nay-sayers; the NRA is still the best hope for us gun owners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top