Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 10:29:18 AM EDT
billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/004499.html

Here's what a Kerry guy said back in august:

Listen here:   ]www.thepublicforum.org/audio/show-Aug-11-2004.asf[[/url}

(fast forward to 56:18 of the broadcast)

Bob Tuke said that by the time of the debates, "We may also know why Bush failed to show up for his medical exam that caused him to lose his flight status." When pressed on his comment he said that, "The physical exam was scheduled for a couple of weeks after the Air Force changed its policy and decided to put drug testing into physical exams so now the speculation is out there about why would a person who has been serving for - supposedly serving for - three to four years in the Air National Guard as a pilot fail to show up for a physical so that he could maintain his flight certification status? Why?"

Teddy pressed him on the issue and Tuke wouldn't get more specific, but the astute journalist Teddy concluded the first hour of the show by saying that "My sense of it is just, just, just flitting around the edges of Mr. Tuke's comment, somebeody's going to come forward soon and say something about that physical examination."

What was obvious to Teddy Bart even a month ago was that Bob Tuke was aware of a pending document that would shed a damaging light on President Bush's time in the National Guard. But how would Bob Tuke know? Sure, he's well-known in Tennessee Democrat circles, but he's not that high up in the Kerry organization. If I were a budding journalist wanting to make a name for myself, I'd sure like to ask Bob Tuke, what did you know and when did you know it?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nasty.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nasty.

No it was not me. I did not do it. You cannot prove anything.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nasty.

No it was not me. I did not do it. You cannot prove anything.

Same ol' rhetoric, huh?  Come on, you can tell me. . .fess up  

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]

"The physical exam was scheduled for a couple of weeks after the Air Force changed its policy and decided to put drug testing into physical exams so now the speculation is out there about why would a person who has been serving for - supposedly serving for - three to four years in the Air National Guard as a pilot fail to show up for a physical so that he could maintain his flight certification status? Why?"

I'm pretty sure the drug testing didn't start until sometime around '80.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

"The physical exam was scheduled for a couple of weeks after the Air Force changed its policy and decided to put drug testing into physical exams so now the speculation is out there about why would a person who has been serving for - supposedly serving for - three to four years in the Air National Guard as a pilot fail to show up for a physical so that he could maintain his flight certification status? Why?"

I'm pretty sure the drug testing didn't start until sometime around '80.

It started a lot earlier for flight crews, military police, and anyone with access to nuclear weapons.  Because of the nuclear weapons part, I had to start undergoing quarterly drug testing in the mid-seventies sometime. I can't remember exactly when.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top