Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 9:55:30 AM EDT
Good luck Gulf Coast people... I'm in the same boat as you.

Stay Safe ! Batten down the hatches and break out the booze !

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm hungover.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Really, I'm drunk... I figure the storm will hit about time I sober up !!!

WEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody want to sell me a generator real cheap and get it to me in the next six hours.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anybody want to sell me a generator real cheap and get it to me in the next six hours.

+1

Acidgambit - I hope you're not really in a boat!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
While you guys on the coast will get most of the wind, us inland folks are also screwed I'm afraid. This system moves ashore and stalls out over the Southern Appalachians. So it appears this thing is going to start sending rain to us as early as tonight and hang around all weekend. If that happens, we may get unbelievable amounts of rainfall. Lots of places in this area were flooding after this last one passed through a week or so ago. Another one that comes along so soon and stalls over the area will really make conditions very serious. So if you live along the coast or in or near the Appalachians, pay this close attention.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hey, if ya can get down to Bradenton, FL I'll loan ya mine for the duration!

Take care and stay dry!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Hehe...a friend of mine in New Orleans headed up to her parents...which are apparently at the north end of the lake to the north of NO. (I think she's still theoreticaly in NO.)

She pasted me this image from CNN, with a note saying it was so true..

Sorta makes me wanna move down there...there's so much irreverance, it's GOTTA be a fun place..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:Sorta makes me wanna move down there...there's so much irreverance, it's GOTTA be a fun place..

New Orleans and Key West....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:Sorta makes me wanna move down there...there's so much irreverance, it's GOTTA be a fun place..

New Orleans and Key West....

Heh, funny you should say that, a close family friend (my dad's best friend) lives on Key West these days..that's where he retired to

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
my neighbors are driving me nuts already about my generator. One idiot walked and said "i will need your generator for about 3-4 hrs a day if we loose power."

I pissed him off when i told him i bought it for MY family not his. If i can spare it fine i am more than willing to help. But this man has been here 52 years and has been through several major outages. He had plenty of time to get his own.

Want some power ask nicely. Demand it and i hope you enjoy the dark.

mike

Ha!  Must have been Mr. Jones
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
It's just starting to un-ass itself down here in Mobile. I'll let you guys north of here know what's going on until the cable goes out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
my neighbors are driving me nuts already about my generator. One idiot walked and said "i will need your generator for about 3-4 hrs a day if we loose power."

I pissed him off when i told him i bought it for MY family not his. If i can spare it fine i am more than willing to help. But this man has been here 52 years and has been through several major outages. He had plenty of time to get his own.

mike

I'd fix a "sphesul" cord for him. 110+110= fun at the asshat neighbors house
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

mike

Well TBS... yer right.

As much as neighbors think they have a "right" to anything... tough.   People should take care of their own before buggin someone else.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]
so beautiful..yet so deadly. many will die.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

mike

That's as bad as those who say, "If TSHTF, I'll just come to your house and borrow some guns." I had a boss tell me that. The look on his face was priceless when I told him it would be the longest drive of his life with his daughters to my house that he's ever had. It's about 3 hours on a good day.

Some people don't learn no matter how much you try to teach them.

sgt_seti
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's just starting to un-ass itself down here in Mobile. I'll let you guys north of here know what's going on until the cable goes out.

Yep, just starting to get some 20 -30 mph gust with rain just north of Mobile. I know I wont be able to stay in touch long since I have Mediacom. When the power flickers, it goes out for hours. I hate to know what this storm is going to do to our service. APCO was going to shut the power off at 5:00 but so many people complained for them to keep it up until it had to be shut off, they posponed it until tonight. What sucks is when the power goes out around here, so do the lift stations. Our city is planning to cut off the water until the power is restored so that people wont backup the sewer and have it bubbling up in people's houses. Gonna have to haul water to the toilets and baths! Fun fun!

Good luck to all who is riding this one out with us!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Power is going to go out soon....AMF'ers !!!

The rain god is a pussy !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top