Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 8:08:31 AM EDT
I'm going to sell my Marlin semi-auto .22 and buy a Rugar 10/22. And now with the AWB gone.  I would like to "supe" it up! I would like some of your suggestions!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I would like some of your suggestions!

never sell a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
www.krinkerplinker.com

Kinda expensive though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#3]
We have a 10/22 forum in The Armory section.  The first post is a tacked photo thread of what people have done to their 10/22's and a great place for ideas.

As far as 10/22's go, I tend to like them more as tack drivers with nice stocks and bull barrels.  Making one into a psuedo AW doesn't really appeal to me.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.krinkerplinker.com

Kinda expensive though.

awesome!
do you have one? how does it shoot?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
There's only one thing to do.....

Make it a true "combat" 10/22...

...don't put all that corny folding crap on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
What model Marlin you sellin'?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
butler creek folder with a 50rd mag and a reddot or scope is fun and cool looking.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]
The best mod I made to my 10/22 was the Power Custom hammer/sear combo. The worst feature of the 10/22 is the stock trigger, heavy and gritty. Start first with a good trigger, good scope and match grade ammo. That much may get you as far as you need to go. Wally World bargain bin ammo won't shoot well in any rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The best mod I made to my 10/22 was the Power Custom hammer/sear combo. The worst feature of the 10/22 is the stock trigger, heavy and gritty. Start first with a good trigger, good scope and match grade ammo. That much may get you as far as you need to go. Wally World bargain bin ammo won't shoot well in any rifle.

By all means, change the hammer...but forget about changing the sear.  The PC or Volquartsen hammer will make all the difference in the world.  When I swapped out the factory sear for the PC on my last 10/22 build as an experiment, I had NOTHING but problems.

blackrifle51, check out Rimfire Central.  It's the ARFCOM of the 10/22 world.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Personally, I don't care for any of the crap people put on a 10/22 to make it "look cool".
It's a great weapon, and can be made into a serious rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
CAn never have too much bling!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I've posted these pics before:

Bell and Carleson thumbhole stock
Butler Creek Graphite barrel
Varmint scope

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 on the Power Custom hammer. Sear and trigger are nice, but not as essential for dropping the heavy 10/22 trigger pull. Then a good scope. After that, a new mag release, stock and heavy barrel are nice. The stock barrels can be quite accurate,so try it before you ditch it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine is not a "Hush Puppy" as the IDF's are known!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I've had 10/22's that ran the whole spectrum of tricked-out, and the only one I still play with is ancient, looks like crap, and bone-stock except for a reciever (peep) sight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Make sure you pick up a .38 Special snubbie while you're at it. Then you'll be set.

I'm assuming that you already have a wheelbarrow?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Rugar 10/22...I would like your ideas

Quoted:
I'm going to sell my Marlin semi-auto .22 and buy a Rugar 10/22. And now with the AWB gone.  I would like to "supe" it up! I would like some of your suggestions!

Is this a Romanian copy of a Ruger...?
...!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#20]

1.5 lb trigger with over travel stop
Extended mag release
Adams and Bennet barrel epoxyed to action
Stock Glass bedded and barrel free floated

1.5 lb trigger with over travel stop
Shillen ultra match 20inch barrel
Receiver is threaded to accept threaded barrel
Action is glass beaded and barrel free floated

The hammer/sear are stock parts that are reworked.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
what do you want to do with it?

for hunting small game keep it stock-maybe a reciever sight or scope-unless your hunting vermin at range...i do some of walkin and poppin rabbits in brush.

i've always wanted to build a bull bl type, and now that i picked one up cheap, i will(would never mess with my other one-sentimental).
of course the ultimate in 10/22 cool is a suppressed rifle. i need one of those too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Get a bolt buffer for it too.  You can find them and everything else you want to know on rimfirecentral.com.   I paid 5 bucks shipped for mine off of ebay (yellowjacket) and this is the first 'mod' I've done and I was impressed.  It cuts out the loud metal slap noise you hear between shots and reduces stress on the reciever and scope.  I've got the stainless model with the black plastic stock and a cheap-0 tasco scope on there.  The gun will shoot quarter sized groups at 25 yards with brick ammo.  that's good enough for me.   There are people on the rimfire site that have guns that will shoot quarter sized groups at 100 yards, and could shoot the eraser off a pencil at 25 yards.  

here's a pic of mine:  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Started life as plain jane 10/22 stanless/synthetic.

Barrel: Adams & Bennet .920. Stainless, fluted and with compensator.
Stock: Fajen thumbhole silhouette - special edition. (Ran across it surfing MidwayUSA and I just couldn't resist).
Scope: BSA Contender 6-24x40 AO

Internal mods are a recoil buffer, extended mag release, bolt release and hammer pack (all Volquartsen).

Oh, first range trip it did real well.  Need to put a better extractor on it and the bolt spring is pretty weak.  Other than that I was getting just around 1MOA with a really crappy shooting position (sitting at a picnic table and using a thin 1/2 gallon water jug as a front rest that kept "squishing" down as I used it) .
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhhh yes! the good old Palistinian testical plinker.

Do they really use those on people?

They hide at the outskirts of a protest, and "quietly" pop the protest leaders in the shins, feet and balls.
No one hears a thing, and it causes chaos.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Kinda hard to beat that for 10/22 fun factor     certainly wont see many others like it !
www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=717900&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

This one's mine, had it many moons now. Since I was 15 or 16, can't remember.
That's when I geeked it out like you see it  

Can't beat em for variety !  So much you can do with a 10/22  

JB
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Started life as plain jane 10/22 stanless/synthetic.

Barrel: Adams & Bennet .920. Stainless, fluted and with compensator.
Stock: Fajen thumbhole silhouette - special edition. (Ran across it surfing MidwayUSA and I just couldn't resist).
Scope: BSA Contender 6-24x40 AO

Internal mods are a recoil buffer, extended mag release, bolt release and hammer pack (all Volquartsen).

Oh, first range trip it did real well.  Need to put a better extractor on it and the bolt spring is pretty weak.  Other than that I was getting just around 1MOA with a really crappy shooting position (sitting at a picnic table and using a thin 1/2 gallon water jug as a front rest that kept "squishing" down as I used it) .

That's one good lookin rifle !  Really like the laminated stock colors against the stainless

Nicely done !

JB
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes they do. The 10/22 is used more for crown control than an anti-personel weapon.  A well placed .22 proved to be less lethal to other forms of crowd control. Rubber bullets have richoceted and hit people in the head and killed them.

The 10/22 is a FUN relatively cheap gun to shoot. Some people dump thousands of dollars into them, but I choose to just use mine. If you plan on using a scope, change the scope base to a weaver style base. It costs about $10.00 and is WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Change the magazine release to an extended lever. These are also very cheap and easy to change. ($5.00 - $15.00).

Buy a "Shock Buffer" and replace the last pin on the reciever with it. These are around $6.00 - $15.00 depending on what brand you use.

The rest is up to you. I added a Butler Creek Stock/Barrel combo (heavy barrel) and a BSA scope on mine, and I like he change.

Hope this helped.

E
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Here's mine: www.rimfirecentral.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1882&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=2
I've got dime sized groups at 50 yards and one holer's at 25.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They hide at the outskirts of a protest, and "quietly" pop the protest leaders in the shins, feet and balls.

Is it wrong to laugh at that?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope.

Which is why I don't like the idea of turning one's 10/22 into a pretend "war machine", when you can make it a REAL one.
BUT... to each his own.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OUTSTANDING
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#33]
10/22 is a fun gun, solid wood on stainless is great looking.  Right now I have a tasco rimfire red dot sight on it and I can shoot alot better than with the stock sights.

Does anybody know where to get post ban hicap mags :)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first time I read about this I laughed my ass off! Go IDF...!!!

(I'm gonna have to go hug my Galil now!)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Get a bolt buffer for it too.  You can find them and everything else you want to know on rimfirecentral.com.   I paid 5 bucks shipped for mine off of ebay (yellowjacket) and this is the first 'mod' I've done and I was impressed.  It cuts out the loud metal slap noise you hear between shots and reduces stress on the reciever and scope.  I've got the stainless model with the black plastic stock and a cheap-0 tasco scope on there.  The gun will shoot quarter sized groups at 25 yards with brick ammo.  that's good enough for me.   There are people on the rimfire site that have guns that will shoot quarter sized groups at 100 yards, and could shoot the eraser off a pencil at 25 yards.  

here's a pic of mine:  www.kcsbforums.com/forum/download.php?id=1609

Is that a Remington Model 12 octagonal barrel?

I needto photo my Model 12 round barrel.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first time I read about this I laughed my ass off! Go IDF...!!!

(I'm gonna have to go hug my Galil now!)

The 'Hush Puppy' name came from the fact that they use them to "silence" the dogs before a raid!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top