Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 7:08:28 AM EDT
How do people like John Kerry keep getting away with saying that Osama bin Laden's terrorist handbook instructs students to buy "assault weapons like the AK-47" in the USA, when in fact the document says no such thing?

The story is unfounded, perhaps a deliberate fabrication

See www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm

and cryptome.org/alq-terr-man.htm

Has anyone else noticed this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Kerry lied???  What a shocker...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The Brady campaign lied too!?! hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would they buy AK47's for $500+ dollars and have to modify them to FA when they can buy FA ones there for $100.00 or less?

The $100.00 ones have a bunch of Bling on them...the plain ones are less!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Other liers:

Girlie Man arnold
VPC
fineswine
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Read the book "My Jihad" by Aukai Collins.  He was an American who converted to Islam while in prison, and went to Pakistan and Chechnya to fight jihad.  He made lots of terrorist contacts, especially in London.  He would bring them over to Arizona where he'd train Muslims living in Britain how to use kalashnikovs.

On the other hand, he wanted to work with the FBI, have a phony training camp that the feds could surveil and get info on the people willing to train at a jihad camp inside the US.

The guy's heart was in the right place, trying to be both a faithful Muslim jihadist AND a loyal American.  The feds blew him off. I think it's just generally dangerous and stupid to associate in any way with the kind of people who pulled off 9/11, especially in this day and age.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why would they buy AK47's for $500+ dollars and have to modify them to FA when they can buy FA ones there for $100.00 or less?...

I know it makes no sense, but seriously why hasn't ANYONE in the media questioned the claim?  I keep hearing it again and again and again, but NOBODY is demanding proof of its veracity.

I think this should become an ongoing fire mission.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why would they buy AK47's for $500+ dollars and have to modify them to FA when they can buy FA ones there for $100.00 or less?...

I know it makes no sense, but seriously why hasn't ANYONE in the media questioned the claim?  I keep hearing it again and again and again, but NOBODY is demanding proof of its veracity.

I think this should become an ongoing fire mission.

Question the media? You are a rebel! They wouldn't report it if it wasn't true. Right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember the story being reported a year or two ago.

It's possible that the advice to buy guns here was contained in a memo or other captured documents. There's a ton of them.

It doesn't matter, though. They also give their people advice to use religious institutions as cover because of our 1st amendment protections. That doesn't mean we should start shutting down churches and political meetings.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]
from the Brady Bunch:

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:47:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know it makes no sense, but seriously why hasn't ANYONE in the media questioned the claim?  

Dan Rather will be right on it!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
from the Brady Bunch:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=17754&iGalleryUnq=1569&iImageUnq=29886

The sheeple think that no "assault weapons" were available for legal purchase in the USA over the past decade...I guess those are just $800 squirt guns in my closet...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
from the Brady Bunch:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=17754&iGalleryUnq=1569&iImageUnq=29886

Exactly right Boomholzer!

Try Googling these phrases, which are given as direct quotes in the Brady ad:

"In countries like the United States it's perfectly legal for members of the public to own certain types of firearms."

"If you live in such a country obtain an assault rifle legally, preferably an AK-47 or variations."

I get five hits, none of which are verifiable sources.  Most are references to the Brady ad itself.

Where did this story come from?  Sarah Brady's poop chute?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why would they buy AK47's for $500+ dollars and have to modify them to FA when they can buy FA ones there for $100.00 or less?

The $100.00 ones have a bunch of Bling on them...the plain ones are less!

BigDozer66

+1

Sometimes you dont even have to pay over there... courtesy of Osama, its free!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
from the Brady Bunch:

What a pathetic crock of shit, hijacking 9/11 for their own agenda.

How will they tie in Beslan to the AWB? Their lowness knows no bounds.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
from the Brady Bunch:

Exactly right Boomholzer!

Try Googling these phrases, which are given as direct quotes in the Brady ad:

"In countries like the United States it's perfectly legal for members of the public to own certain types of firearms."

"If you live in such a country obtain an assault rifle legally, preferably an AK-47 or variations."

I get five hits, none of which are verifiable sources.  Most are references to the Brady ad itself.

Where did this story come from?  Sarah Brady's poop chute?

Here is the article: johnw.host.sk/articles/war_jihad_histroy/how_can_i_train_myself_for_jihad.htm

Notice that it says that it's LEGAL to purchase "assault weapons"...and this was written BEFORE the AWB sunsetted, so it actually shows that "assault weapons" were able to be purchased legally over the past decade, contrary to the bullshit hype of the anti-gunners...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Is there some kind of purpose to the level of ignorance?

I think it is to the anti's ADVANTAGE if people believe that all those rifles are war machines and what was available before than ban is substantially different that what is available now.

The next legislation WILL be a detailed blanket trying to ban anything that can "go bang" more than 4x in a row.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here is the article: johnw.host.sk/articles/war_jihad_histroy/how_can_i_train_myself_for_jihad.htm...

A Red Herring!  Note the disclaimer at the bottom of that page - It refers you to a site that has no text, just popup ads.  Now THAT'S a credible source.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#18]
This is the source they keep wailing about.

www.vpc.org/graphics/creditcardarmies.pdf
(Note: PDF file)

Turns out their "Al Qaeda training manual" is a six page pamphlet entitled "How Can I Train Myself For Jihad" that  was originally posted on some Islamic website.

"Firearms and Military Training Urged in Pamphlet. In addition to urging would-be
holy warriors to prepare themselves for jihad physically and through martial arts,
the pamphlet notes the advantages the United States offers for firearms training and
advises readers on how to exploit them:

! “Firearms training differs from country to country....In some countries
of the World, especially the USA, firearms training is available to the
general public. One should try to join a shooting club if possible and
make regular visits to the firing range. There are many firearms courses
available to the public in USA, ranging from one day to two weeks or
more. These courses are good but expensive. Some of them are only
meant for security personnel but generally they will teach anyone. It is
also better to attend these courses in pairs or by yourself, no more. Do
not make public announcements when going on such a course. Find
one, book your place, go there, learn, come back home and keep it [to]
yourself. Whilst on the course, keep your opinions to yourself, do not
argue or debate with anyone, do not preach about Islam....You are going
there to train for Jihad, not call people to Islam.”

! “Useful courses to learn are sniping, general shooting and other rifle
courses. Handgun courses are useful but only after you have mastered
rifles.”

! “In other countries, e.g. some states of USA, South Africa, it is perfectly
legal for members of the public to own certain types of firearms. If you
live in such a country, obtain an assault rifle legally, preferably AK-47
or variations, learn how to use it properly and go and practice in the
areas allowed for such training.”

! “Respect the laws of the country you are in and avoid dealing in illegal
firearms. One can learn to operate many arms legally, so there is no
need to spend years in prison for dealing in small, illegal firearms. Learn
the most you can according to your circumstances and leave the rest to
when you actually go for Jihad.”

It's funny that the "training manual" also mentions martial arts and firearms courses (what's next, regulating, banning, legislating, etc martial arts practioners and firearms training courses?)

Assuming this pamphlet  even exists (likewise, when I Googled it most of the hits had some reference to anti-gun organizations, articles or statements), it's a far stretch quoting a few paragraphs from one six page pamphlet (out of the 1,000s? 10,000s?, of documents found), as justification for the AWB.
But, that's their game plan:  exploit it to foster fear and ignorance by pimping it as a national security issue.

Their full page ad with OBL and the "assault weapons" quote is the sort of propaganda that Josef Goebbels would envy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top