Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 5:03:37 AM EDT
Well,  I had been eying the LE mags for several weeks deciding what I wanted at CTD's retail store in Ft. Worth.  Know what they did????  Glock mags they raised 5 bucks each and all of the Beta C's went from 229 to 299.  They can kiss my ass I knew there was a reason that I had stopped buying from them their new owner learned from Bachman well.  I bought all of my LE mags from CDNN where they have a clue.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well,  I had been eying the LE mags for several weeks deciding what I wanted at CTD's retail store in Ft. Worth.  Know what they did????  Glock mags they raised 5 bucks each and all of the Beta C's went from 229 to 299.  They can kiss my ass I knew there was a reason that I had stopped buying from them their new owner learned from Bachman well.  I bought all of my LE mags from CDNN where they have a clue.  

Actually, CDNN raised their LE-marked magazine prices by about $5, too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Suppy and demand

Why can't people understand
this very simple concept? The
demand for LEO mags was X
before 9/13. On 9/13, the supply
remained the same, but the
demand shot up 1000 fold...
why would the prices stay the
same?

Econ 101

ETA: I'm not slamming anyone in
particular - I am just shocked at
all of the people complaining about
a price increase after the ban.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:09:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Not the ones I bought they didn't...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Suppy and demand

same?

Econ 101

A big +1.  I twill all sort out over 6 months or so.  

We can also fit in a Time/Value equation.  How long are you willing to wait to get a magazine at the price you 'feel' is agreeable?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I totally disagree they knew the ban was ending they just took another opportunity to "stick it" to us.  They alos ran a full page ad in the Ft. Worth paper on Monday with all of these post ban weapons like; Romak's, Post ban Colt's etc. insinuating that you can now buy them.  They played right off of the Media bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]
So now they're more expensive than dirt?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Suppy and demand

same?

Econ 101

ETA: I'm not slamming anyone in
particular - I am just shocked at
all of the people complaining about
a price increase after the ban.

Wait a minute, your saying the more people want it the more the price goes up??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I totally disagree they knew the ban was ending they just took another opportunity to "stick it" to us.  They alos ran a full page ad in the Ft. Worth paper on Monday with all of these post ban weapons like; Romak's, Post ban Colt's etc. insinuating that you can now buy them.  They played right off of the Media bullshit.

Well then you are totally wrong.

It really is supply and demand.  You do not value the magazines highly enough to pay the $5.00 more tha tthey are charging this week, so you will wait a few months when the prices come down (an dthe people who did value the magazine $5.00 more than you did bought all they wanted).  That is truely supply and deman and the market equalizing to find it's proper level.

In a few months when magazines are $5.00 cheaper than what even you are willing to pay, and you buy up all you want, something tells me that you will not offer the extra $5.00 per mag, right?  SO why is the inverse not also true.

Basic and simple economic theory.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#9]
gee, sounds like a hurricane went through- BUT....it is not right to jack up prices of everthing down there....

gouging plain and simple

not that i agree or disagree with it...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Wait three months--by then we will know which way the wind is blowing and production will have been fully ramped up.  Surplus mags should be cheap in some cases--what are old GI 20 rounders that are beat to hell worth now?

Some mags will be in short supply until more production can take place.  Why did anyone think that prices would just suddenly drop through the floor?  If a LEO mag was $15 two weeks ago, why wouldn't it be the same price now?  Just higher demand.    

I hope to see some new production FAL mags--or maybe people selling off their hoarded goodies!

Good times for consumers are coming (and are largely here already), just be patient and shop around.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not the ones I bought they didn't...

Post a price. LE-marked Glock 17 magazines were $6.99 used, $11.99 new prior to the ban expiring. This is listed on page 66 of their latest catalog. The used Gloack 17 LE-marked magazines are now priced at $14.99 each on their website, the same price I was quoted on Monday morning. You are obviously misinformed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's called "marketing."  It's purpose is to drive up demand.

Capitalism, baby!  It's what drives a free economy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:25:34 AM EDT
[#13]

You might see a lot of people loosen up their grip on mags that they have been hording for years. (Since they can be replaced now).  

Hell, I've got a drawer full of NIW 30s myself That's also the reason I'm not getting in any hurry to buy more.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#14]
More reality from CDNN:

Before the sunset:

15-round SiG P226 9mm -- $9.99, used
12-round SiG P226 .40/.357 -- $14.99, new
Glock 17/19/20/21/22 -- $6.99, used
Glock 17/19/21/ -- $11.99, new

After the sunset:

15-round SiG P226 9mm -- $18.99, used
12-round SiG P226 .40/.357 -- $28.99, new
Glock 17 prices already posted.
Other Glock magazines SOLD OUT

And you're bitching about CTD?????
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pull down yer skirt, yer mangina is showing!!!

Hell, I think on Glock mags it's not profiteering till maybe $35 a mag... maybe.

On the Beta C's.  Ok, they have them (1), and they will sell them to you for considerably less than $1,000 (2)  

hmm.... think you are having a bout of post-AWB depression, the first case I've heard of, in fact.   You better not buying anything rated No-Ban by the VPC.  I don't think you are emotionally mature enough to have more than 10 rounds in a mag at a time!  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:31:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A big +1.  I twill all sort out over 6 months or so.  

We can also fit in a Time/Value equation.  How long are you willing to wait to get a magazine at the price you 'feel' is agreeable?

Once again, we go back to the fact that
prices are set based on the value that
the marketplace is willing to pay. Damn,
I freaking love capitalism - it is always
predictable.

For me, I'll wait until the mag factories
start pumping out more standard cap
mags - then the supply side will rise
which should drive down prices...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#17]
It would seem to me that the folks who were profiteering were the ones who were charging $50-60 dollars for mags because none were available when the ban was in effect.  I'm shickled titless to pay CTD $24.95 for a mag I had to pay double for a week ago.  My .02                              
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:44:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes they are.

And it hurts me.

Good for them. It is their American right to do so.

It opens the market for someone to undercut their prices, enabling someone else to go into business for THEMSELVES and experience the American dream themselves.

This will give ME more vendor choices, and drive down prices BELOW what YOU think is a fair proce for CTD to charge today.

Its called the free market system, and its the BEST system the world has ever known.

Grow up. Whats good for the nation as a whole is more important than what is good for you individually.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
As I recall, civilian magazine prices have ALWAYS been higher than LE prices -- EVEN BEFORE THE BAN.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#20]
wahhh wahhh wahhhh
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
More reality from CDNN:

Before the sunset:

15-round SiG P226 9mm -- $9.99, used
12-round SiG P226 .40/.357 -- $14.99, new
Glock 17/19/20/21/22 -- $6.99, used
Glock 17/19/21/ -- $11.99, new

After the sunset:

15-round SiG P226 9mm -- $18.99, used
12-round SiG P226 .40/.357 -- $28.99, new
Glock 17 prices already posted.
Other Glock magazines SOLD OUT

And you're bitching about CTD?????

SigPro 2340 $10 before sunset , $28 after at CDNN

Still ordered some
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Ahh, yes.  How dare they charge such exorbitant prices!  Just because there is a sudden influx of new buyers for a limited supply is no excuse to raise prices!

My suggestion - go into business yourself.  Buy all the tools and machinery needed to manufacture quality, reliable clones, rent manufacturing space, hire staff, hire a marketing firm, buy the raw materials, turn out masses of new magazines and sell them to us @ $5 a pop.  Doesn't matter if it cost you $20 to manufacture.

Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Give it a few months.  It's been 10 years!  As soon as "Christmas morning fever" is over, things will settle down.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Cheaper Than Dirt.....isn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top