Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:13:34 AM EDT
Just heard on Fox News (Fox n Friends show) Sean Penn said that the President "reminds him of someone. . .Bin Laden". If he did, he just up-ed his Asshat status. Waiting for more details.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Sean doesn't have very many functioning brain cells left.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I already knew that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
This just in:

Water is wet, composed of hydrogen and oxygen.  Report at 11.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]
If anyone takes him seriously they're an idiot!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Most celebrities, regardless of their politics, are the worst kind of arrogant jack-asses.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Penn Says Bush 'Inspired by bin Laden'
Tue, Sep 14, 2004, 07:09 PM PT
By Mike Szymanski

TORONTO -- Sean Penn, while insisting he is not a political activist, says that the frustrations facing his character in "The Assassination of Richard Nixon" are even greater among Americans today because of President George Bush.
At an intimate press conference of a dozen journalists on Tuesday (Sept. 14), Penn responded to a question from Zap2it.com by saying, "George Bush is only 2,000 away from being inspired by Bin Laden, I think the body count is moving up."

Penn explains how religion has inspired terrorist fanatics, and now, the war in Iraq has claimed 1,000 U.S. troops, and another 2,000 deaths will equal the terrorist attacks blamed on Osama bin Laden. Penn is at the Toronto International Film Festival promoting his film based on a true story about a failed husband and businessman who's frustrations to do the right things and yet be stymied by governmental bureaucracy leads him to try to hijack a jet and crash it into the White House during Nixon's second term.

Penn, wearing dark sunglasses after the screening of the film that also stars Naomi Watts, Don Cheadle and Jack Thompson, says he first read the script before the terrorist attacks, and later found it impossible to listen to administration claims that such an attack was a surprise.

"It has made statements by Condoleezza Rice amusing when she said, 'Who would have ever thought?' " that someone would use a jetliner as a weapon. "The film explores the thin line for many people who feel powerless in their lives."

The film follows Penn as Sam Bicke in 1974, who tries to reunite with his wife (Watts), tries to get government loans to start a business with his friend (Cheadle), and finds himself being forced to lie by his corrupt boss (Thompson). Penn's character is told how Nixon lied about getting the country out of Vietnam and then was elected to a second term "by running on exactly the same lie."

Directed by first-timer Niels Mueller, the film is produced by actor Leonardo DiCaprio, "About Schmidt" director Alexander Payne and "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" director Alfonso Cuaron who was at the press conference with Penn.

"I read this after 9/11 and it was amazing how similar thing are," Cuaron says. "Everybody senses the importance of this film."

Penn adds, "The parallels of what is happening in the world are incredible."

The film had a tough time finding financing, perhaps because of the potential political nature of it, the producers say. The movie won't have any outcome on the November presidential election, Penn points out, because it's not scheduled for release by ThinkFilm until Dec. 29.

Widely criticized in the past for visiting Iraq before the war, and voicing his concern about the Bush administration, Penn insists, "I am a moderately responsible citizen, not a political activist." He says he'd be more involved if he was a true activist, and people were concerned about his voicing his beliefs as he did. "I feel the way I did then."

Penn, who won the best actor Oscar last year for "Mystic River," adds, "I guess the problem is that, statistically, there's a lot more of them today and we can be grateful to President Bush for that. The poverty level is at an all time high and broken dreams accompany it."

Although this film doesn't involve foreign influences, Penn says, "I think that administrations have to look at how they oppress their own people and people in other countries and understand that if they take people's hopes and dreams away, bad things can happen."

Source cited by Fox http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---22891,00.html
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, that asshat made his statements in Toronto, Canada, in front of our neighbors and supposed allies.  I am beginning to despise Canadians as much as the French or Germans.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:56:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if anybody's asked him about his guns that got stolen out of his car? What an assclown. One rule for him, one for everybody else. Showbiz people as geopolitical experts. Please.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Spicolli: I'm so wasted.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:06:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah, that asshat made his statements in Toronto, Canada, in front of our neighbors and supposed allies.  I am beginning to despise Canadians as much as the French or Germans.

I dispise EVERYONE who is not a true red blooded conservative american
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Homer Simpsons voice>"Is there anything Hollywierd assclowns don't know?"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#13]
yet, Sean Penn's right to whine will be protected despite his best intentions
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:19:15 AM EDT
[#14]
He is far more than an idiot...he is a traitor... and should be prosecuted as such for giving aid to the enemy. No doubt that his little stint in Iraq cost American lives just as surely as the antics of Hanoi Jane did years ago.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]
His brother Chris Penn is an idiot too.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]
He's a flippin' retard. Just another yo-yo that missed out on that critical ass-whippin' growing up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#17]
An idiot with money.

I know many really rich people. Oddly, most appear to be bufoons or idiots. How does that happen? How do they manage to hang onto their cash?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:31:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#19]
WHo takes these Hollywood skirts seriously?

Christ.... WHO says things like what he said?  Honestly...

The more people like him on TV, the more swing states Kerry will lose.

- BG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top