Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:15:56 PM EDT
This, officially, is the destroyer of everything.  Well, at least everything on the ground or near the ground at my house!!  This thing is a chewing machine!  If he can gnaw on it, he will.  I was busy building a deck last week, sweating in the sunlight.  Pulling string to keep my posts level, except my string has suddenly disappeared.  Of course, Chewbacca is dissecting it out in the grass.  Tried to change my oil yesterday, except my oil filter mysteriously vanishes from beside my truck.  Later found in the yard with "extra" filter holes on the outside of the filter!!    Dropped my boat off in the yard, disconnected the pig tail.  Pig tail is now gone, but at least there are a few shredded wires left behind.  The latest travesty is the "destroyer" recently chewed my 50' drop cord in half.  At least it wasn't plugged in!

But hey, all isn't bad.  This "destroyer" is also a scavenger.  In the last four months he has brought me the following items from the neighborhood down the street:  Three welcome mats, two half-bags of charcoal (guess he ate the steak), a toilet brush (WTF??), two dead animal skulls, and a full bag of 1" PVC couplings ( the neighbor is having a water service put in).   Oh, and an empty lawn chair bag.  

How can you stay  mad at a face like that?  BTW, his name is Flapjack, and he just showed up in my yard when he was about 10 weeks old.  Now he is around five months or so.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#1]
let him loose in the anti-gun club
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure if they have anything I want him bringing back, though!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Send him to the Bank!

Nice looking dog.

MT
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
hehehe..... Nice Doggie. He steals welcome mats, that is classic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, if anybody needs one, I have a few extras!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the best post ever IMHO.

Not only do I love dogs (not like that you freakin sicko's!) but its a shepherd.

Those dogs are smarter than half the people on this board....

and stealing welcome mats and everything else in the neighborhood! classic! Youve got a winner!

Chewbacca....haha...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, I'm missing a lawn chair bag.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
FOOL!! how dare you question the rule of Fluffy?!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Might I recommend those flavored dog bones?  Lot and lots of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Give him LOTS of chew toys...

Tennis balls are awesome...   my pooch never gets tired of em.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Be glad he only does that, I saw a radib dalmation get under a house, chew up 7ft of cable for the TV and then rip out most of the duct work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]
HE is a cute little shit
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Might I recommend those flavored dog bones?  Lot and lots of them.

Yes, we have all ready gone through several bags of dog bones.   Like I said, he is a chewing machine!  You should see him with my cat.  He loves to chew on her ear, and she is a tiny 6lbs of  four-legged fur.  The funny thing is, she just sits there and purs while he does it!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, someone please photshop/caption the pic to say:  "Hi, I'm Flapjack, Welcome Mats Beware!"

Or, "This is Flapjack, the Destroyer of Everything!"

Or, caption either pic how you like!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah dude....WTF is up with that...ex-GF had a dog that was the same way....cat loved it!

and here I was, hoping the damn dog would get over zealous and take it out
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats awesome. The toilet brush is certainly a classic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]

How can you stay mad at a face like that?

Easy...  that POS dog sounds like more trouble then it's worth.  His ass would come back home pelted with paintballs if I caught him in my yard stealing my welcome mat.  I fucking HATE loose dogs!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is the best story of all...

About a month before he showed up, I was out in my yard practicing with my bow.  One of the arrows went through a worn spot in the styrofoam target, and ended up in the woods.  I looked for TWO HOURS for that arrow, never found it, and gave up (officially listed the arrow as MIA).  Well, fast forward to when the dog shows up.  He had probably lbeen living with me for a couple of weeks.  Every morning when I woke up, he was waiting for me at the door.  One morning, I get up to go out and check on him, and guess what is waiting by the steps.  Its my arrow!!  I knew then he was the dog for me!

My friend Shane suggested I should show him pictures of the stuff I want, and see what he brings back...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Easy...  that POS dog sounds like more trouble then it's worth.  His ass would come back home pelted with paintballs if I caught him in my yard stealing my welcome mat.  I fucking HATE loose dogs!

Thats because you live in a state where a loose dog doesn't have an owner...that truly cares about it.

That dog is awesome. Ill bet 10 bucks hes stealing everything from kerry loving, idiotic liberals

its a fucking german shep....that dog was bred to kill, maim, and do battle! Also smart enough to not touch little kids...only the 180 lb asshole breaking into your house gets a broken tibia.

(PS: My GF's Sheeba is the "battle dog"......that dog is 9 lbs of pure warfare)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Any chance I could get YOU to wander in to MY yard?  Oh, and feel free to bring your paintball gun.  I wouldn't want you to miss your chance to fight back.  

Takes a real man to talk about shooting dogs.  Go away, troll!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance I could get YOU to wander in to MY yard?  Oh, and feel free to bring your paintball gun.  I wouldn't want you to miss your chance to fight back.  

Hell even with the paintball gun, that pu**y wouldn't stand his ground with that "cute ass" pup runnin full tilt at his throat!

Those dogs are about the most loyal you can get. You lucked out!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever...  maybe you should be a more responsible pet owner and not let your dog roam the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell even with the paintball gun, that pu**y wouldn't stand his ground with that "cute ass" pup runnin full tilt at his throat!

Oh, he's not a pu**y.  He's a PUSSY (no need to sugar coat it, Doorgunner may need help figuring out what you mean).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, he's not a pu**y.  He's a PUSSY (no need to sugar coat it, Doorgunner may need help figuring out what you mean).

LOL...

I'm a pussy because I'd shoo your dog off my property with a few paintballs.  Would you rather I use my .45 and say I felt as if my life was in danger?  Call me what you will, you're still an irresponsible pet owner.  It's people like you that keep the SPCA in business.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Doorpaintballer, If I throw a stick, will you leave??

Tell you what, you may not be as smart as the dog, so I will ask nicely.   If you don't mind, please go be a somewhere else...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

people.clemson.edu/~andersh/pics/fluffy.jpg

Damn!  That viscious little Ewok looks scary/evil/mean.  Worse than a frickin' pitbull.  

Double socks tomorrow for sure.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#28]
My parent's neighbors have a lab that is bad for that shit.  Tore up the cushions on mom & dad's porch, carried a bunch of stuff off, destroyed potted plants, etc.

I think it's owners have paid a good $200 out to mom & dad to replace all of the shit it has destroyed.

I've come close to shooting it a few times myself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone who shoots a dog who isnt rabid/dangerous, deserves a bullet to the head.

As far as im concerned....these animals save lives in combat, in SAR, in home defense....

Always Faithful seems to ring a bell....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#31]
LOL Awesome dog.
Looks like a German Shep got to somebody's Corgi.

just awesome.

Our German shep was kept locked up for the vast majority of his first 5 years, got neurotic and chewed on the steel bars of his cages and on himself until the previous "owners" gave him up.
We 'rescued' him, he's got plenty of chew toys and attention now, his flesh and fur are back, he's completely adjusted and cool, obedient, and when I broke my leg hiking he stayed by my side / near me until I got airlifted out.

here's a pic I took of him on that trip -

and in my face on my return from the hospital after surgery -

He's got it good, now. 105-lb lap dog.

(sorry to hijack, love a good dog thread)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks, Dravisar.  You deserve a beer for that!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey if my dog is loose and gets in your yard... feel free to pop him with a paintball or 6.

I love dogs.  I keep mine in my yard.  I sure hope you guys do the same.

Mine has destroyed a great many things....  but not everything... yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Watch it Burley...  
You'll be called a pussy and told to go troll someplace else.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'm a pussy because I'd shoo your dog off my property with a few paintballs.  Would you rather I use my .45 and say I felt as if my life was in danger?  Call me what you will, you're still an irresponsible pet owner.  It's people like you that keep the SPCA in business.  

Stupid twat. You don't even see the Irony in those statements, do you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Watch it Burley...  
You'll be called a pussy and told to go troll someplace else.  

No, Doorpaintballer, just you...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Look,

It's not that hard to keep your animal on your property.  I've had several dogs in the past and have one now.  I've never had a dog that I could control.  You people crack me up; you're the first to name call when somebody says something you don't agree with.  You refuse to take responsibility for your or your dog’s actions.  Who sounds like the liberal now?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Look,

It's not that hard to keep your animal on your property.  I've had several dogs in the past and have one now.  I've never had a dog that I could control.  You people crack me up; you're the first to name call when somebody says something you don't agree with.  You refuse to take responsibility for your or your dog’s actions.  Who sounds like the liberal now?  

Maybe because your an irresponsibe dog owner?

Every dog that is WELL cared for will be the most loyal being to walk this planet. They dont call MARINES the dogs of war for nothing.

Get a grip, asshole.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorry ment to say a dog I "couldn't" control.  

Have a nice night guys...  I've gotta fly in the AM.  I hope your dog never wonders onto the range.

Dg84
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Sorry ment to say a dog I "couldn't" control.  

Have a nice night guys...  I've gotta fly in the AM.  I hope your dog never wonders onto the range.

Dg84

Yeah, a dog you "couldn't" control with a paintball gun.

Ok MR 20 year old badass....I think you should either put up, or shut the F up.

I hope you wander onto my range...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Rayra: thanks again for the posts...those meant alot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Funny how alot of people here have such problems with animals on their property whether it be cats or dogs. I live in a suburb and there is not one damn person on my street that has problem 1 with a cat or dog. My parents live about 5 miles away in a more rural area and NO ONE ties up their dog yet no one has any problems with damaged property, dog fights, prego dogs etc.

Occasionally we see one that chaes a car but that is a problem at only one house.

If a neighbors dog comes on my parents property they just shag it off and it goes away for another 3-4 months. No big deal.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Created a photobuckets account just for you....Doorgunner POS...

Doorgunners went out of style in 75 you POS....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!  That viscious little Ewok looks scary/evil/mean.  Worse than a frickin' pitbull.  

Yay, thank you for posting that, saves me having to find my original post and sending fluffy back out on a rampage again

/Phil
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yay, thank you for posting that, saves me having to find my original post and sending fluffy back out on a rampage again

/Phil

so... fluffly is yours?  what is he?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Who is Fluffy, you ask?  Fluffy represents all that is evil, he is the destroyer of worlds!

And one pissed off looking dog!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Created a photobuckets account just for you....Doorgunner POS...

Doorgunners went out of style in 75 you POS....

Did we?  You're a dip-shit!  Oh, that's right, we're called Aerial Gunners now.  Sorry, my bad.  

But back to the free ranging dogs...  I don't see the problem with busting a dog in the ass with a few paintballs that has wondered on to my yard.  It's not like I'm doing any damage to it.  It's not like I'm setting out anti-freeze to drink after a long day of destroying stuff.  Get real...
I fail to see what's so cute about a dog walking the neighborhood destroying or stealing other peoples stuff.  Sorry, I just don't.  But that's just me.  I'm done with this thread and won't reply so you two low lifes can have gratification by getting the last word.  

Have a wonderful day,
Dg84

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Absolutely beautiful dog! I grew up with German Shepards all my life and think the world of the breed. He is beyond cute...just a great pup you have there.

That being said, I too believe that dogs shouldn't be allowed to roam the neighborhood unattended. Can't tell you how many cat posts on this site relish the idea of being able to kill/torture/whatever  any cat caught on their property. I'm NOT suggesting that a German Shepard and a cat are equals in many respects, or behave in similar ways, but bottomline with me: If you own a pet, you got it for YOU, not for everyone who lives around you. They may not want a pet at all, their own, or yours, wondering around their property. It's any pet owners job to keep their animals within their own property out of respect for others, and an understanding that regardless of the breed, ALL puppies are dopey, curious little trouble makers. Many, many dogs meet an untimely death because their owners fail to realize this.

Absolutely exceptions exist (even for cats), in certain environments. That may be the case here....I don't know. I do FULLY agree that allowing a dog, especially a puppy who can get in to a LOT of trouble, wonder around the neighborhood by himself is not right. They can get hurt, they can destroy other peoples stuff...whatever. I love animals, so my approach would not be to shoot any of them with anything 99% of the time. I'd be more inclined to play with the little guy & return him home. Others are not obligated to take such a relaxed position, especially when the animal has left it's property. I would NEVER take that chance with my pets....but that's just me.

Again, BEAUTIFUL Shepard!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#49]

That picture is funny as hell!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Oh, someone please photshop/caption the pic to say:  "Hi, I'm Flapjack, Welcome Mats Beware!"

Or, "This is Flapjack, the Destroyer of Everything!"

Or, caption either pic how you like!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/Jason280/DSC00037.jpg

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top