Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 9:14:22 PM EDT
Anyone else see this show tonight? It was a fairly unbiased look at who is Republican in Hollywood, and the crap they put up with.  How hard it is to get a job being conservative, etc. etc.

I didn't know Drew Carey was a big republican, he's pro bush and pro Iraq war.  It was pretty interesting, worth a watch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I didn't know Drew Carey was a big republican

Actually, he's a Libertarian.

Still, with so few conservative people to choose from in Hollywood, you tend to overlook 'minor' differences like that...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, he said that " Libertarians are Republicans who like to get high sometimes" which I thought was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didn't know Drew Carey was a big republican, he's pro bush and pro Iraq war.  It was pretty interesting, worth a watch.

From what i have read, he is really a nice guy. They were asking some Vegas waitress how celebrities were as tippers. Her best tipper was Carey: $150 tab, $300 tip. Her worst was Tiger Woods: $200 tab, $20 tip.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Carey was a Marine also... you don't tend to see a lot of blissninnies coming out of MCRD.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have afriend who was deployed to Kosovo a few years back, Drew Carey did a Thanksgiving show for them. A celebrity spending time with the troops over a holiday is pretty darn cool in my book.

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#6]
i met drew in vegas a few years back when he did that hbo special. we were coming from a wedding at the hard rock cafe. he was such a nice guy, he put us in the ending credits of the show and hung out with him for a while. like i said, a real nice guy.  
mp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top